Learning & Development Specialist
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more and apply.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Commitment to customer service and team-oriented management
• Strong knowledge of instructional design principles and practices to include: adult learning theories, interactive training and learning design, on-line/e-learning design principles, distance learning, instructor-led training, self-paced instruction, Skype & Recordings, evaluation methods, version control and performance support systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, work in a fast-paced environment and accomplish results through influence while meeting deadlines
• Ability to work collaboratively within a readiness organization
• Ability to interpret client needs and produce instructional materials
• Ability to manage and meet deadlines
• Proven ability to continually adapt and learn new procedures and software programs
• Effective negotiation skills
• Must be enterprising, diplomatic, and proactive at solving problems.
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Outlook)
• Proficient with Microsoft SharePoint
• Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to on-line instruction
• Extensive knowledge of information architecture principles and methods
• High level of expertise with software that facilitates the design of instruction (storyboards, flow charts, assessments, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of HTML
• Proficient with web-based course management and development tools (Breeze, Captivate, Camtasia, Storyline)
• Basic knowledge of streaming audio and video, compression methods, file types, and formats
• Ability to build online courseware in Articulate Storyline
• Familiarity with graphic design elements appropriate for online instruction
• Ability to work hours that correspond with client (possible GMT/UTC -8hrs)
• Develop performance-based design documents based on the results of needs analysis that include learning objectives and supporting exercises and achieve business sign off
• Assist or mange the development process and provide guidance and support as needed; review drafts and provide feedback and input
• Augment material with appropriate activities, interim knowledge checks and summative assessments; source or create on-line learning as needed
• Efficiently work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to extract information required to develop training
• Guide efforts of Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide appropriate training content that meets identified instructional strategies
• Create training assets from raw technical information
• Develop learning objectives to achieve business needs
• Develop assessments to measure knowledge gained against learning objectives
• Mine deep technical content to extract relevant information to meet learning objectives
• Develop instructor-led or on-line/self-paced materials with a focus on immersive learning/use of immersive learning techniques
• Create performance-based storyboards for on-line courses and achieve business sign off
• Provide regular status updates and raise impacting issues
• Publish content to the location identified by the Microsoft contact