Data Migration Engineer (remote Ruby on Rails developer)
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Brainspotting active.
Vezi toate job-urile Data Migration Engineer (remote Ruby on Rails developer) active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client has built the leading cloud-based online scheduling, point of sale, and automated marketing suite to power the operations of local service businesses from salons and spas to pet groomers. It's used at over 14,000 locations across the US with sizes ranging from single-location sole proprietors to large chains and franchises.
The product is a mission-critical software that customers use for over 10 hours per day. It is an all-in-one business solution built around a world-class scheduling platform that can grow revenue by as much as 30% through automated marketing and online distribution.
What makes this product unique is that it’s a platform that allows many third-party partners to integrate the online booking functionality into their own products.
The longer term vision is to become the largest platform in the world for online scheduling and local commerce. The group holds an estimated 20% market share in the credit insurance industry and is present directly or via strategic partnerships in 100 countries, with the ability to offer multinationals a structure suited to their needs that combines global reach and proximity, with a deep knowledge of local economic conditions in multiple sectors.
• Minimum 2 years of software development experience; knowledge of Ruby on Rails (and AngularJS is a plus)
• Intermediate to expert proficiency with analysis and migration of SQL databases
• Experience pipelining data in an imperfect environment—retrying through rate limits, http errors, network issues, etc.
• Experience with agile software development environments
• Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
You will lead the effort to design and develop data migration tools and processes that enable new customers to go live on a one of a kind SaaS platform. You’ll need to develop approaches to migrating historical client data, appointment data, and transaction data from legacy scheduling systems into our client’s platform, something that must take place before new customers can go live on our platform.
Depending on the legacy system involved, you may need to build or modify web scrapers, map data elements between files, put in place validations, determine how to handle exceptions, and build reports to monitor import progress.
As a software engineer, you should be generally passionate about coding and have an interest in building applications with high usability, scalability, and test coverage. In your everyday work, you should continuously contribute to good overall software design with the goal to achieve a highly structured large scale software product. You should also maintain a high awareness of development industry trends and best practices.
In addition to your passion for coding, you should also want to help in other aspects of building a new company: designing features, making good product decisions, and building a culture of excellence.
We’re seeking engineers who are ready to attack deep technical challenges as well as have an impactful role in product and company development!
• Execute specific data migration tasks utilizing both manual and scripted processes
• Develop and maintain web scrapers that can accurately pick up data elements and import them into the right database fields
• Implement a migration pipeline between two enterprise systems, likely using a data integration platform and in some cases a continuous syncing solution
• Create individual data migration jobs to move portions data based on the needs of different customers go-live date
• Write field-level transformation and validation code to allow data to flow reliably
• Be responsible for verifying the pipeline is acting predictably: validate at each stage of migration, and generate reconciliation reports
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary. Equity. Opportunity to make a tremendous impact.
- Full Benefits Package
- The chance to actually make a difference in a growing startup that is solving a big problem