Alumni Community Lead
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Teach for Romania active
View all jobs Alumni Community Lead active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Education - Training active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Non profit Charitable Organizations active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Human Resources - Psychology active on Hipo.ro
Teach For Romania is a nationwide movement in pursuit of educational equity in Romania and part of an international network Teach for All.
Find out more about us watching this video:
Or on our website: www.teachforromania.ro
We are looking for someone who is:
• Well connected to the reality of the educational system;
• Oriented towards a growth coaching approach;
• Stakeholders alignment;
• Strategic thinking;
• Strategic planning;
• Ability to link the strategy to the available resources;
• Communication skills;
• Interpersonal skills;
• The capacity to create channels to connect people;
• Relationship management;
• Partnership building;
• Ability to align people with similar interests;
• English: Advanced.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in managing projects, processes or professional communities;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the educational field/human resources/social work/ community projects.
The Alumni Community Lead works to foster the development of our alumni network (former teachers in the 2 years- program) as a force for educational system improvements and impact.
By clarifying and accelerating pathways to leadership, creating opportunities for advancing thinking on issues of educational equity, or establishing and encouraging meaningful ways to connect and support each other and Teach For Romania, we aim to help alumni achieve their individual goals while maximizing the collective impact of the movement for educational equity.
At the end of the current school year, the organization will be having a total number of 67 Alumni ready to catalyse their leadership and long-term impact.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Based in: Bucharest, Romania
Teach for Romania seeks a visionary and strategic individual to manage this area’s projects and processes, by setting the vision for alumni leadership, developing strategic partnerships that maximize alumni impact, and building a community of alumni across diverse sectors. The Alumni Community Lead will ensure that alumni remain connected and engaged to Teach for Romania’s vision and mission and seek high-impact opportunities that maximize their potential.
Vision and Strategy:
• Strategize, create and effectively execute initiatives for alumni which are aligned to the organization’s medium and long term impact;
• Collaborate with the other program areas in order to align their activities and outputs to the Alumni strategy.
• Plan and execute alumni retention and engagement plan;
• Execute strategies to build the alumni community by creating meaningful ways for alumni to connect and support each other, share ideas and resources and build on common projects or initiatives;
• Manage and create content for alumni on specific channels.
• Organize specific alumni events (induction, graduation ceremony or others).
• Work proactively to keep the alumni community involved in the organization’s activities.
Alumni development and partnerships:
• Collaborate with the Training& Support department in order to align the training program for the teachers with the vision and strategy for alumni impact;
• Provide guidance towards the career pathways that will allow them to become leaders who drive the systemic change.
• Identify, cultivate and foster external partnerships across diverse sectors to contribute to alumni impact efforts (including but not limited to graduate schools, education organizations, governmental entities, non-profit organizations, businesses, etc.);
Impact, measurement and team involvement
• Share data and stories about alumni achievements and impact on students and communities;
• Support cross-functional team activities and provide input from an alumni impact perspective.
• A chance to do high-significance work in education (more access to excellent education for all children);
• The opportunity to build up your skills and develop yourself personally and professionally;
• Access to training and learning opportunities inside the organization and from our learning partners;
• An excellent working environment in a value-based organizational culture;
• Access to a global community of experienced and talented specialists and first-hand innovative approaches and models from the Teach for All network.