Specialist BIW / Drawing Engineer / Design Engineer
At SII Romania we believe in professionals driven by their Love and Talent for Technology. We dare to take on exciting new challenges and we work towards exceeding our customer’s expectations.
The high value technological solutions provided by SII Romania in the Software Development, Implementation and Testing, Telecommunication, Service Desk and On-site IT&C services industries enable our clients to gain a competitive advantage in front of their competition.
What’s your experience?
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering / Automotive Engineering or comparable
• Fully trained CAD Design Engineer with an automotive background (BMW is mandatory!!)
• Design experience in the field of Body-in-White (BiW) using CATIA V5 is indispensable
• Specific knowledge in automotive body in white (BIW)/sheet metal, castings
• Fully conversant in CATIA V5 and charisma (trained and experienced)
• Able to apply engineering principles in the design process
• Good working knowledge of drawing standards and geometric tolerances will be required
• Knowledge of BIW joining technologies (spot welding, laser application, body adhesive bonding, friction stir welding, riveting, clinching)
• Fluent in English or German Language
• Conversant with PC based tools used in an office environment
• Working independently and disciplined
What’s your role?
• 3D surface modelling and 2D drawings creation
• Design and drawing of body shell constructions (Body in white) in 2D and 3D
• Detail design and drafting of body in white devices by using CATIA V5 and Carisma
• Generating and making changes to 3D CAD models, weld fields, sections and exploded views
• Generating of sheet metal manufacturing drawings for car manufacturer
• Designing parts for the body structure starting from existing parts and sections
• Quality responsibility for the drawings
• Providing engineering support to various projects and customers
• Support CAD delivery for component releasing
• Detail design and drawing of supplier owned systems and components
• Liaising with German Engineering Department