Junior DevOps Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Luxoft Romania active
View all jobs Junior DevOps Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Luxoft is a global IT service provider with more than 12800 expert skilled software engineers onboard that create high-end business solutions for the world’s largest brands. Luxoft’s global client base consists primarily of large multinational corporations. We serve over 150 clients from our delivery centers in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:LXFT). With deep domain expertise in the finance, technology, automotive, telecom, travel & aviation and energy, the company consistently goes beyond its clients’ expectations by bringing together technology, talent, innovation, and the highest quality standards. Luxoft key facts:
Technical skills required:
- Good knowledge of a programming or scripting language - preferably Python, Groovy, or Bash
- Linux administration skills
- Basic knowledge of networking - TCP/IP stack
Soft skills required:
- Very good written and spoken English
- Work effectively in a distributed team
- Problem solving attitude, ability to analyze business requirements and propose fixes
- Willing to learn and deliver using a wide range of technologies
- Good communication skills and team player
Other beneficial skills:
- Understanding of Software Engineering, Computer Science and Agile/Scrum principles
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment with CI, CD using Git, Bamboo/Jenkins and Scrum
- Hands-on experience configuring and maintaining CI tools such as Jenkins
- Understanding of containerization and virtualization concepts
- Hands-on experience using Docker, LXC, LXD, KVM, VMWare
- Exposure to configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Knowledge of a general purpose programming language such as Java or Golang
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Experience using the APIs of Atlassian products: Bitbucket Server, Jira, Confluence
- Experience building and supporting highly available and scalable infrastructure
You will be part of a multi-national team responsible with the development of the next generation solution for Data Center networking that simplifies configuration of network devices by implementing an SDN (Software-Defined Networking) controller.
The solution targets Data Centers of large organizations, including private/hybrid/public cloud environments. It is addressing the needs of users requiring an easier option than switch-by-switch, CLI-based approaches and can automate time consuming tasks.
The controller uses microservice architecture, the components will communicate via REST APIs and will also provide a user-friendly web-based user interface on the front-end.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our team. The product is at the beginning of it's lifecycle, and we are streamlining the DevOps processes in order to sustain the growth of the development effort.
This covers the areas of Configuration Management, Source Code Management, build and Continuous Integration, Artifact Management, Orchestration and Deployment.
You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in the industry, be involved in selecting the right tools, and contribute to defining the processes.
Part of the technology stack used is Ansible, LXC/LXD and Jenkins.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work effectively with several agile teams to define the CI/CD processes according to their requirements
- Automate the provisioning of new development and test environments: hardware servers, VMs and containers
- Automate end-to-end system builds and deployments
- Automate integration with 3rd party tools
- Periodically monitoring of CI/CD infrastructure, report issues and statuses, deal with space and performance
- Keeping documentation of the infrastructure environment up to date