SAP HW administrator
Luxoft is a global IT service provider with more than 12800 expert skilled software engineers onboard that create high-end business solutions for the world’s largest brands. Luxoft’s global client base consists primarily of large multinational corporations. We serve over 150 clients from our delivery centers in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:LXFT). With deep domain expertise in the finance, technology, automotive, telecom, travel & aviation and energy, the company consistently goes beyond its clients’ expectations by bringing together technology, talent, innovation, and the highest quality standards. Luxoft key facts:
- This position requires to be a good team player (interfacing with partners and development teams globally), self-motivated, taking ownership of complex problems with confidence and enthusiasm and work without the need to have close supervision of the manager.
- Experience in Linux system administration, esp. script development
- Hardware-Administration, especially incl. Diagnosis and firmware maintenance
- Hardware- / Software-Configuration & Architecture
- High Availability, Virtualization, Clustering
- Strong debugging skills and a methodical approach are a must
- Analytical thinking
- Problem analysis (Kernel, RAM, Performance)
- Problem documentation and –tracking
- Tuning and Performance optimization
- Willingness to work with customers in problem resolution with the ability to restore customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Programming language: ABAP, Perl
- SAP Basis Administrator
- SAP HANA Administrator, SAP HANA Performance
- File IO performance
- IBM SpectrumScale/ IBM GPFS
- VMware/vSAN, KVM/AHV
- Storage administration: IBM vSeries, Lenovo DSseries, NetApp, SAN switches
You are responsible to administrate the servers that your team mates need to develop new solutions for SAP HANA. You modify servers with new parts, you update firmware to latest levels or with development code for error analysis, you support the team with knowledge of well-performing HW configurations and know the right parameters to tune Intel-CPUs and architectures. You help to analyze root cause for support cases and are providing information to HW development support to recreate and fix.