Buyer (Direct procurement) - German
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 122,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.Cerinte
Qualifications/Education/Skill set requirements:
1. E.g a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in “assembly industry” with specialization in the Procurement / Supply Chain domain.
2. The candidate must have prior experience in Direct Procurement. The candidate should have excellent relationship management skills since the job will involve liasoning with suppliers. The Candidate should have prior experience in resolving issues pertaining to placing, changing, expediting and administrating of purchase orders for production material.
3. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills with all levels of employees and management as the candidate will be required to liaise with Sourcing and Supplier counterparts in US, EMEA, APAC regions.
4. The Candidate should have hands on experience in dealing with multiple ERPs as this role will involve extensive use of SAP and other legacy systems. The Candidate should also have experience in dealing with web based tools and should be comfortable with working on various reporting tools which are web based.
5. Knowledge of MRP Systems & procedures is highly desirable.
6. The candidate should have excellent PC skills and should be well versed with Microsoft Products like Excel, Word and Access (optional). This job may also require using various applications (Microsoft or others). Hence, a strong inclination towards automation will be an added advantage.
7. Exposure to Six Sigma & Project Management is also desirable.
8. Candidate should have a passport.
This job involves the following:
1. Issue purchase orders or replenishment call-offs for direct materials.
a. Provide requirements forecasts to suppliers as required
b. Maintain the planning data fields in the ERP system to ensure accurate minimum inventory levels are maintained, while ensuring inventory goals are met. Use Honeywell PFEP process to set the minimum inventory level requirements.
c. Run and review the ERP action report, obtain approvals as required and enter PO’s or replenishment call-offs into the ERP system and send to suppliers via e-mail.
d. Manage supplier Kanban or VMI systems and communicate requirements to the supplier
2. . Manage purchase orders, due dates and raw material inventory levels
a. Receive supplier acknowledgements and ensure the PO due dates are accurately maintained in the ERP system. Run the Supplier Open PO report for key suppliers as required.
b. Push-in and pull-out Purchase Order due dates, as needed, to prevent production disruptions, delays, downtime and excess inventory.
c. Resolve Supplier delivery problems (late and early receipts) in an aggressive and timely manner and escalate for assistance as required.
d. Resolve Supplier’s invoice queries
e. Assist and support management of Inactive, Obsolete and Excess inventories.
3. Support supplier quality problem resolution
a. Return defective material to suppliers and issue PO’s to replace non-conforming material.