Windows UEX Support Engineer (German OR Italian) – External Staff position
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world. Want to know more https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
A Support Engineer at Microsoft is an exciting & challenging role in the resolution with highly complex, technical, and escalated support incidents related to supporting customer via phone, web, email, chat and other support channels covering various development and deployments.
The successful candidate has the drive and intellectual horsepower to resolve the most difficult technical customer issues, often through collaboration with other technical specializations; will be a technical resource for the team regarding case reviews, troubleshooting and effective customer interaction and will interface with various levels of management within customers, Partners, and Microsoft.
We are looking for talents that:
• Possess deep technical expertise and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting.
• Demonstrate critical thinking, strong communication skills and ability to develop strategic on going customer relationships.
• Enjoy team work, and actively contribute to their peer group as well as our customer account teams.
Experience and Skills required:
• Strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to work in a team environment.
• Proven experience in creating support documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and mentoring.
• Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, MCP/MCSE
• Passing the MCP Windows Internals test is a plus - Windows Internals (70-660)
•Strong knowledge of Windows User Experience Concepts:
•RDS hosted on Azure
•Mgmt & Scripting (WINRM &WMI)
•Good understanding of Networking concepts:
•SMB/CIFS, DNS, RPC, LDAP
•Good understanding of troubleshooting techniques:
•Understanding and knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as:
oScripting Languages (PowerShell, etc.)
oAny other language is a plus
•Excellent Communication Skills – can fluently speak and write in English and German OR Italian. Any other language is beneficial
•Proven ability to work in a self-directed environment and at the same time, go above and beyond to meet customer expectations.
•Passion for lifelong learning and personal and professional development.
•Intercultural awareness within the EMEA region and beyond.
•Proven Growth Mindset: always learning, open to ideas, taking risks and embracing challenge
•Current Microsoft IT Certification preferred (Ex. MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, MCTS)
We welcome applications from all potential & passionate professionals who really want to pursue their technical career with customer interaction in the world of Support Engineering.