Interested in being on the cutting edge of Cloud Services? Then come join Microsoft as an O365 Embedded Escalation Engineer, working with Microsoft Exchange Online.
Microsoft Exchange Server is the number one enterprise e-mail server in the world and is growing rapidly towards becoming the preferred choice for cloud based, enterprise, e-mail services worldwide. We are currently hosting hundreds of millions of mailboxes in our datacenters around the globe and continue to add thousands of new users each month.
We are expanding in both global presence and customer satisfaction in the cloud. We are spearheading the transition from server to services for business critical and personal communications. We are directly engaging our end-users with services hosted on tens of thousands of servers running the most compelling suite of communication and collaboration features ever built – Microsoft Office 365.
We are building an engineering team within Support to be “the” differentiator in the marketplace; and need the best and brightest to take our O365 support offering to the next level.
As an “Embedded” Escalation Engineer you will be an elite member of the Exchange Support Escalation team with direct access to members of the Exchange Product Group, as well as the O365 hosted datacenter environment. You will lead engineering investigations to bring issue resolution to Support incidents impacting our customers. You will also be expected to be able to contribute to product fixes in addition to working on a wide range of support tools for use by the organization. You will also have the opportunity to directly improve the support provided to our customers via the global team of escalation engineers who interface with customers on a day-to-day basis.
So come help shape the future of services at Microsoft and the larger industry!
It’s your chance to:
• Work directly with our Exchange Product Group to provide world-class engineering support at a product component level.
• Perform complex network/product debugging and remediation when needed; working alongside the Exchange development teams to drive Support incident resolution for configuration, code, or other service deficiencies impacting customers.
• Escalation Engineers are expected to write product code; however, should be able to apply their code skills and understanding towards efficiently resolving Support issues as appropriate
• Identifying emerging trends or re-occurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate from the workflow. This can include a range of potential work item categories; such as self-healing mechanisms, transparency, automation, and/or increasing the capabilities for Exchange Online Support.
• The position is primarily “behind the scenes” providing engineering support to the broader Microsoft Exchange Online Support teams for Support incidents that require Exchange Product Group engagement. At the same time, individuals should be capable and prepared to occasionally engage directly with customers to help facilitate incident resolution as appropriate.
In Microsoft Services, we help businesses around the world to accelerate the power of Microsoft products and technologies. Working with 60,000 partners worldwide on some of the largest and most complex technological challenges around, we provide technical consulting and support services to 54 million customers. Across Enterprise Services and Customer Support Services, we have a global team of 10,000 professionals in 88 countries, and we draw on the full resources of the Microsoft organization worldwide.
Benefits of working at Microsoft:
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future, and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth. The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review.
Skills and Qualifications:
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering
• Experience with C# and .NET, PowerShell, Web Services, Exchange and Active Directory.
• Service engineering and/or DevOps experience at internet scale involving user data and/or software development for an enterprise level product
• Ability to partner within virtual teams towards executing on multiple technical initiatives simultaneously
• Communication skills and being able to present complex technical issues to a general audience are important.
• Ability to meet customer security screening requirements is required for this role. Customer requirements may include additional personnel screening such as, but not limited to: specialized agency background checks (either national or local which may include fingerprinting). All employees hired into roles supporting Cloud Offerings will also be required to pass Microsoft background checks every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.