SIMATIC S5 Software Key Tester for Power Plant Automation Systems – AS620
SPPA-T2000 is a proven universal control system that has been deployed in power plants since 1994. Thanks to
its flexible system structure, it has been installed in numerous different power plants of every type and capacity. Through the use of standard hardware and software, the Siemens expertise in process engineering, and the
concept of “continuous innovation”, SPPA-T2000 had become the world’s leading control system in just a
The ability to plan reliably for all power plant assets is vital in the face of ever tougher competition. The expected useful life of major mechanical items is generally greater than that of I&C systems, which are subject to shorter innovation cycles. Strategic lifetime support for I&C technology is thus essential if optimal use is to be made of the systems in place over the long term.
We are looking for a key software test engineer who will work as part of a development team to test and support our power plants software solutions. The individual must be a team-player and willing to function as a tester and support person to meet the goals of the team, working in close collaboration with software engineers and testers from other countries.
- You will keep the test documentation, namely the test specifications
- You will test the product (system integration testing)
- You will assist with the installation of the product to be tested and will support the analysis of found problems
- Someone who has 5 years experience with software testing, worked with various quality management products and knows UNIX (Solaris, Linux RHEL) Operating Systems and MS-Windows (Win 7 / Win 2008) Operating System
- A person who is familiar with the software development process, Test Automation, Monitoring and Controlling Systems and Power-Plants Engineering Systems
- It would be nice to have basic knowledge of SIMATIC S5 / S7
- Must be available to travel to Germany during project take-over (on-the-job training)
- Needs excellent English skills and good German skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of great minds who are all making the future. You could be one of us. Our primary objective is to ensure maximum availability of control systems even beyond the lifecycle of an individual system or individual components, thereby safeguarding the investments of our customers over the long term.