Systems Administrator - Windows
InCrys is a provider of complete Technology and Consulting Services, founded in 2000. Headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, with offices in London and Rotterdam, we deliver Testing, Application Development Outsourcing, Remote Server Administration, Business Analytics and Optimization (BAO) and Software Packaging services to clients in Western Europe, USA and Canada.
A result of the many certifications held by our specialists, our acknowledgment in 2010 as IBM Premier Business Partner is one of the accomplishments that guarantee our status as trusted Software Solutions provider. We have become a leading offshore outsourcing provider by consolidating on our employees’ extensive work experience, knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies, and excellent language skills.
Our focus on employee training and continuous development lead to a record-setting attrition-rate, of only 6% in 2013.
InCrys is now undergoing an active recruitment process, and we’re especially in need of software development specialists, infrastructure specialists and testers. We have approximately 300 professionals involved in complex software outsourcing projects, and we aim to significantly expand our team by at least 20% by the end of this year.
For further information please visit www.incrys.com
• Basic Requirements:
• Experience in a high-availability clustered environment
• In-depth understanding of windows architecture and troubleshooting experience with the ability
to analyze technical problems to prevent future occurrence.
• Subject matter expert in windows server management tools and best practices
• Ability to structure, draft and review technical documentation
• Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
• Should be able to mentor junior member of the team.
• Should act as a role model
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Experience with Backup software and strategies.
• Willingness to learn new things
• Extremely flexible if work flow is changing
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
• Team player
• A very positive attitude towards life
• Highly motivated
• Ensure server availability compliance to Service Level Agreements.
• Windows OS & AD Incident Management
• Windows OS & AD Problem and change management
• Plan OS Hardening of Windows 2003/2008/2012 Servers
• Plan, create and implement Group Policy as per standard procedures.
• RAID Configurations and Disk management utilities tools.
• Performing Windows OS disaster recovery
• Working on escalated tickets
• Co-ordinate with the appropriate teams for incident resolution for high severity or escalated incidents.
• Troubleshoot escalated issues.
• Implement/document best practices
• Recover OS / Hardware to a consistent state
• Take ownership of virus outbreak management
• Liaison with Customer Security Officer
• Test Monthly MS Fixes / Patches
• Decommission server
• 3rd party vendor coordination and escalation
• Create and update technical documentation
• Responsible for review and update RCA document for Severity 1 & Severity 2 incidents.
• Impact Analysis of Monthly MS Fixes / Patches
• Review of Historic Incidents to discover regularly repeating incidents
• Handle Problems related to recurring incidents
• Problem record creation for RCA analysis of Sev1 Incidents
• Hardware and Software Vendor escalation for problem record resolution
• Trend analysis of issues and corrective actions
• Periodic Security Baseline Analysis
• Evaluate, Test and Deploy of clustering software updates
• Working days: Monday to Saturday; Working Hours: in 3 shifts covering 7:00 - 23:00; Shift 1: 7:00 -
16:00; Shift 2: 9:00 - 18:00; Shift 3: 14:00 - 23:00; On call support required outside business hours
(including weekend and bank holidays)
Nice to have Skills
• ITIL Certified (foundation or/and practitioner) or a strong working knowledge of ITIL Incident,
Problem and Change Management disciplines
• Experience with Flex Systems & Storwize V7000.
• Familiarity with network infrastructure (LAN/WAN).
• Knowledge and understanding of network applications, web servers, email servers, firewalls, databases, file shares and print servers