This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Infrastructure Specialist active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Customer Support - Client Service active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
• Experience with different distributions of Linux (Red Hat/Debian/CentOS) environments, Windows Server version (2003+), ESXi 5.5+
• Linux Routing (ipsec/iptables/netfilter)
• Experience with Linux automation tools (i.e. UrbanCode Deploy, Puppet, Chef, Dockers etc.)
• File system concepts (inode, paging, swapping, clustering, logical partitions, etc.)
• Experience in Red Hat Linux, VMware and virtualization technologies, IT Security Compliance, system management/monitoring tools, operating systems services (NTP, DNS, SMTP)
• Experience providing support in medium to large scale infrastructure environments (change management processes, etc.)
• Experience using ticketing systems.
• Experience with Backup software and strategies.
• Familiarity with RAID disk technologies & SAN infrastructure
• Familiarity with network infrastructure.
• Ability to work well with the team and on various projects (shared team environment)
• Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Willingness to learn new things & technologies (automation tools, OS related, storage related)
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
• Should be able to mentor junior member of the team.
• Should act as a role model
• Flexible if workflow is changing
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Team player
• A very positive attitude towards life
• Highly motivated
Nice to have:
• ITIL Certified
• Proficient in at least 1 programming/scripting language – bash, python, ruby, etc.
• Experience with backup tools such as Tivoli TSM
• Experience with system monitoring tools and analyzing results
• Bachelor degree, with a technical major such as Engineering or Computer Science
• Be a strong system administrator to implement and support Linux (Red Hat/Debian/CentOS), Windows and VMWare ESXi environments.
• Responsible for uptime, performance, reliability, scalability, security and high availability of infrastructure machines
• Troubleshoot performance issues, OS configuration and hardware failures and apply fixes
• Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed
• Support incidents and perform root cause analysis for service interruption issues. Fix the root cause not the effect.
• Ensure compliance with security guidelines
• Create scripts in order to automate certain tasks
• Structure, draft and review technical documentation, document technical requirements and processes
• Work closely with application teams on troubleshooting issues as well as planning requirements for new servers