Windows System Administrator
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Windows System Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Customer Support - Client Service active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
• Experience in a high-availability clustered environment
• In-depth understanding of windows architecture and troubleshooting experience with the ability to analyze technical problems to prevent future occurrence.
• Subject matter expert in windows server management tools and best practices
• Ability to structure, draft and review technical documentation
• Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
• Should be able to mentor junior member of the team.
• Should act as a role model
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Experience with Backup software and strategies.
• Willingness to learn new things
• Extremely flexible if work flow is changing
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
• Team player
• A very positive attitude towards life
• Highly motivated
• Available to work in shifts covering; 7-23 timeframe
Nice to have:
• ITIL Certified (foundation or/and practitioner) or a strong working knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management disciplines
• Experience with Flex Systems & Storwize V7000.
• Familiarity with network infrastructure (LAN/WAN).
• Knowledge and understanding of network applications, web servers, email servers, firewalls, databases, file shares and print servers
• Ensure server availability compliance to Service Level Agreements.
• Windows OS & AD Incident Management
• Windows OS & AD Problem and change management
• Plan OS Hardening of Windows 2003/2008/2012 Servers
• Plan, create and implement Group Policy as per standard procedures.
• RAID Configurations and Disk management utilities tools.
• Performing Windows OS disaster recovery
• Working on escalated tickets
• Co-ordinate with the appropriate teams for incident resolution for high severity or escalated incidents.
• Troubleshoot escalated issues.
• Implement/document best practices
• Recover OS / Hardware to a consistent state
• Take ownership of virus outbreak management
• Liaison with Customer Security Officer
• Test Monthly MS Fixes / Patches
• Decommission server
• 3rd party vendor coordination and escalation
• Create and update technical documentation
• Responsible for review and update RCA document for Severity 1 & Severity 2 incidents.
• Impact Analysis of Monthly MS Fixes / Patches
• Review of Historic Incidents to discover regularly repeating incidents
• Handle Problems related to recurring incidents
• Problem record creation for RCA analysis of Sev1 Incidents
• Hardware and Software Vendor escalation for problem record resolution
• Trend analysis of issues and corrective actions
• Periodic Security Baseline Analysis
• Evaluate, Test and Deploy of clustering software updates