Quality Assurance Lead
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8 years or more of QA/Test automation experience in a technology-related industry
- 2 years of leading teams on large and complex projects
- Proficient in QA processes & methodologies, Agile SDLC principles, test automation framework, different verification/validation techniques, and test management
- Extensive experience in testing REST & HTTP web services, JSON/XML, web apps and relational databases.
- Experience with Linux/Unix command line tools
- Experience testing on client platforms (iOS/Android/Web)
- Experience in automation test framework technologies like Selenium Webdriver, Appium, JUnit, JMeter, Tsung, TestNG and related development tools
- Working knowledge with network monitoring tool and emulation software for troubleshooting network conditions such as Wireshark, TCPDump, SNMP MIB browser, Packet Sniffer, etc.
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development including source control management, build processes, release management and development.
- Highly self-motivated and excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and problem solving skills in computer software and hardware
- Provides leadership and expertise to QA team members in release planning, designing QA methodologies and analyzing project documents to identify test requirements
- Participate in development, planning, estimation and prioritization processes for all testing activities
- Conduct risk and gap analysis, and suggest mitigation strategies to overcome impacts on effort, schedule and quality
- Coordinate and assign testing tasks to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met
- Develop, maintain and execute test cases for functional, acceptance, integration, regression, system, stress/performance and high-availability testing
- Identify areas for automation, collect test data requirements, develop new test metrics and techniques to maximize testing efficiency and scalability
- Assess, define and implement test execution processes and procedures to stream line the end-to-end deployment, tracking and reporting
- Provide work breakdown, document defects with root cause analysis and status update throughout the project release life cycle.
- Provide peer code review and mentorship to other QA team members
Our client is an innovative software company with offices in North America and Europe. They have a start up like environment that is laid back with a casual dress code, snacks, ping pong/foosball table, great compensation packages and much more! They solve challenging problems with a focus on their customers. They are quickly growing and looking to expand their team in all areas.
Their cross-functional teams work in a fast paced agile environment with continuous integration. Our client’s core product enables the federation and personalization of services across desktops, laptops, mobile devices, set-top boxes and smart TVs. This software is currently focused on serving the telecommunications industry enhancing operator service delivery.
Our client is looking for a Quality Assurance Lead with relevant work experience who is capable of working closely with a technical and agile development team in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment. In this role you will perform leadership tasks on multiple concurrent projects, provide inputs to test strategies for REST APIs, web & mobile applications and system components, as well as prepare status reports on project activities. You will play a key role throughout the release life cycle by working closely with the QA team, software developers and project stakeholders to ensure that QA goals have been met.
The software you will be helping to build is part of a telecommunications and operator service delivery platform. This platform enables federation and personalization of services across desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, set-top boxes and smart TVs.