Senior Java Developer (Web)
About Veeam Software
Veeam® recognizes the new challenges companies across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Enterprise™, a business that must operate 24.7.365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Availability Suite™, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication™, leverages virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies that enable the modern data center to help organizations save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs, while always supporting the current and future business goals of Veeam customers.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 43,000 ProPartners and more than 216,500 customers worldwide. Veeam's global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit https://www.veeam.com.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong development and support skills with at least 4 years of collective experience in Java/Java EE, SOA and middleware technologies in Unix environments
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Strong knowledge in Java: core classes, multi-threading, streaming
- Strong knowledge in JDBC, JPA (preferably Hibernate implementation), good knowledge of SQL and query optimization
- Good knowledge of design and integration patterns (GoF, Web, EAI)
- Good knowledge of WS/RESTful services design and implementation (RAML usage in modeling would be a plus)
- Good knowledge in working with application & web servers (Tomcat, Wildfly, Apache Sling)
- Knowledge of XML/XSD/XPath, JSON/JSON Scheme
- Knowledge of Unit and Integration Testing Tools (JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins)
- Experience with working with JCR implementations (Apache Oak, JBoss ModeShape)
- Experience with Cloud-based architectures and implementations
- Experience in implementation of CMS solutions, especially Adobe Experience Manager
- Language Required: English
The Corporate Information Systems department is responsible for automation and business IT processes, including vendors, improvements and changes for all Veeam internal systems.
- Participate in every stage of the software design and development process, from requirements acknowledgment all the way to production
- Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Support and implement key technical decisions in align with architectural road maps and partnering with architects/technical leaders in defining and implementing the applications architecture
- Employ extensive professional experience and creativity to resolve complex technical problems
- Contribute to design and code reviews
- Take part in testing of technologies, prototypes and ideas
- Document lessons learned, help maintain knowledge database
- Train and mentor the junior team members
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Modern office with free fresh coffee, fruits and snacks.
- Flexible benefits package which includes premium private health care and dental services for you and your dependents, transportation allowance and parking.
- Wellness program including gym membership, massages in the office and company sponsored sports activities.
- Discount card (AFI Park Club).
- An exceptional mature working environment with cool breakout & play areas and team building activities.
- Training and development opportunities to further progress your career.
- International environment where you can learn from multiple cultures working in the same office.