Junior Cost Accountant
Cameron engineers, designs, and manufactures flow and pressure control technologies for customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide.
A global organization provides support and delivers services using these leading technologies.
- Economic background (graduate of Academy of Economic Studies or similar)
- 2-4 years of operations or plant accounting experience, cost accounting, managerial accounting
- SAP experience, preferably in the CO module.
- 3+ years strong computer experience – MS Office
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data and produce meaningful insights and information.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management skills
- Professional and with a service-oriented approach
- Ability to prioritize issues
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written in English. Spanish or Portuguese are a plus.
- Self-motivated, results oriented
- Establishment of current standard cost estimates and support of the annual cost roll process.
- Review of weekly batch settlement jobs, cost on order imbalances, labor/network confirmations and FI-CO reconciliation to identify, assist and resolve discrepancies or error messages
- Review of billing due list for items preventing release of invoices
- Review of aged work-in-process orders, unvouchered payables, in-transit inventory items and manual inventory accounts to identify, assist and resolve in clearing delayed or failed transactions
- Review of postings to inventory allowance accounts and subsequent adjustment to shrinkage, obsolescence, FIFO revaluation and fair market value reserves as appropriate
- Review of plant accounting reports for variances from standard cost involving purchased materials, in-bound freight, manufactured orders and cost center spending/absorption
- Completion of account reconciliations related to inventory, unvouchered and consigned payables
- Reviewing compliance with controls & governance, monitoring application and adherence to Company policies
- Interaction directly with internal and external auditors during periods of review
- Posting of standard accruals and other monthly/quarterly closing adjustments as necessary
- Review of monthly assessment cycle processing to confirm proper & complete allocation of indirect labor, operational support and depreciation expenses
We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as challenge and progression in your role. With a growing team and the opportunity to work flexible hours there has ever been a better time to join the Cameron, Schlumberger team.