PROJECT MANAGER FOR SOFTWARE PROJECTS
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 61,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
• Technical University Degree (e.g. in Computer Science, Electronics, Informatics, Automation Systems, Transportations or other related fields)
• IT/Programming knowledge
• Know-how of safety critical SW development/test would be an advantage
• Project management basic know-how, analytical and structured working approach, ability to work on own initiative and within a team
• Wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected, also excellent communication skills are required for collaboration with colleagues within the management - all levels
Requested technical competencies:
• At least 4 years of experience in software development/testing
• Knowledge of project management, configuration and change management tools
• Good knowledge of SW development processes
• Ability to understand and debate on complex technical issues
• Experience with Agile Scrum
• Project management abilities, among which:
Be highly organized and a good multi-tasker
Take charge and know how to lead
Be an effective communicator
Know how and when to negotiate
Recognize and solve problems quickly
• Interpersonal skills (sociability, self- control, empathy, assertiveness)
• Customer oriented / multicultural interaction
• Proved willingness in taking over responsibility
• Proactive attitude
• English (fluent)
• German (will be considered a plus
The Work Package Manager is responsible for developing and leading projects or work packages that are carried out in the Human Machine Interface (HMI) team in Bucharest, in close cooperation with teams in Germany, and being accountable for quality, budget and schedule, according to Software Development & Test Center strategy and objectives.
• Permanent monitoring of team allocation in projects, to ensure that milestones & quality of the deliverables are met as committed
• Team workload planning in cooperation with Department Manager and Team Leader
• Act as an interface towards projects and actively support requirements clarification
• Organize and moderate workshops on technical issues within the scope of ongoing or upcoming projects
• Actively support team cooperation inside the organization
• Supervise the adherence to defined development processes
• Monitor “Key Performance Indicators” related to efficiency and quality of the team results
• Develop competences and skills of team members according to project needs in cooperation with Team Leader and Technical Leaders
• Play an active role during hiring process in order to grow the team according to project resource planning and timeframe;
• Anticipate potential risks, propose and implement corresponding mitigation measures
• The job holder will interact with the project management teams, ensuring the team interface to all ongoing projects.
He/she will report directly to the Department Manager.
Challenging projects with state of the art technology, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, 24 paid vacation days, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.