Junior Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Finastra active
View all jobs Junior Technical Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Customer Support - Client Service active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Requirements
Finastra: Who are we?
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, capital markets and treasury.
Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. With our scale and geographical reach we drive valued solutions and opportunity for customers regardless of size or geography. Through our open, secure, and reliable solutions, we empower customers to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet their changing needs.
Why work for Finastra?
At Finastra we are changing the world of financial services. We unlock the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation through our incredible ecosystem and talent in more than 40 countries across the world. We revel in global knowledge sharing, diversity and opportunity and that puts Finastra in the best position to create client value as we cooperate and co-create, together. Each one of our 10,000 people is part of one team, leveraging the wealth of our collective knowledge, passion and creativity. This is your opportunity to join a world-class team, working with people who are leading the financial services industry through innovation, growth and value.
What will you contribute?
Working as part of the Customer Support team, and reporting to a local Team Leader, this role is the key interface between Finastra clients on one side and R&D organization on the other side, contributing to the overall delivery of software and services to ensure a world class customer experience. The holder of the role is a product specialist, with technical competencies, responsible for handling and resolving the raised issues in the shortest time possible. He also uses his technical expertise to assist functional consultants on a need basis. At times, he may be called upon to do testing on beta deliveries or fixes before they are released to customers.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a member of the FusionCapital Summit Customer Support (Bucharest) team include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Respond to various customer requests of low/medium complexity, being able to understand the issue reported
• Reproduce issues on the local environments, searching for potential workarounds to minimize client downtimes, reviewing source code and building scripts to fix corruptions with the assistance of senior colleagues when necessary
• Perform technical investigation of the issues reported, providing adequate solutions where feasible and/or complete analysis details to R&D teams
• Update clients on the progress towards issue resolution
• Track issues sent to other departments and ensure a resolution to the client’s satisfaction is attained
• Participate in client (phone) meetings, WebEx sessions, in order to ensure proper communication with the customers and/or to speed up the investigation of the issue reported
• Validate defects thoroughly by ensuring that the described scenarios are fixed
• Write technical specifications and best practices documentation
• Raise/ escalate issues with the Team Leader and/ or Manager where/ when needed
• University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business IT or related
• Good knowledge of C/C++, including debugging skills and some experience with debugging tools on different operating systems (Visual Studio, Sun/ Solaris Studio, Eclipse)
• Basic knowledge of SQL/ Java/ C#
• Basic expertise with Solaris and Linux Operating systems (medium- advanced expertise on Windows)
• Very good English knowledge
• Analytical abilities
• Attention to details, stability, responsibility as well as customer focus
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a customer facing team