Experienced Assistant SME
Our Assurance Department is growing and we need an experienced assistant SME. By becoming a part of EY, you will join a fast growing and dynamically developing department that is one of the key players in the Romanian market.
Assurance gives organizations and their investors the confidence that the results they report give an accurate and fair picture of their business.
As an executive assistant SME, you will participate in audit projects in various branches of economics, including the fuel and energy complex, electricity generation, oil & gas, vehicle production, telecommunications, industrial production, retails sales, consumer goods production, real estate, etc.
Your key responsibilities
- Client and engagement management and coordination
- Inventory on the client companies’ status
- Creating and maintaining audit files
- Preparing summary documents
- Interaction with employees of client companies with the aim of gathering essential data and information
- People management, leadership and coaching
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge of English at intermediate level or above
- Confidence in PC use (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To qualify for this role you must
- To qualify for the role you must have
- A university graduate with a specialization in finance/economics/accounting
- Previous experience in audit (minimum 1- 2 years previous experience)
- Knowledge of local GAAP (Romanian accounting) and basic knowledge of IFRS
- Understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
- Involvement in the coordination of the planning, execution and delivery of the engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, providing coaching, supervision and engagement to Assistants
- Performing / supervising of the performance of audit procedures in accordance with EY’s methodology and quality standards
- Involvement in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
What we look for
We are looking for a new team member prepared to begin working in a friendly team from February 2018, who has a feeling for and an interest in audit and business. If you wish a career in an international company, with high focus on development and innovation, this vacancy is for you.
What working at EY offers
We don’t want to brag, but …
We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
Our motto is above everyone so we obviously have the best view over whole Bucharest.
We highly promote smart working. With flexible working you are able to work from Starbucks where you enjoy your EY employer discounts on delicious Grande, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, no foam, extra hot, peppermint white chocolate mocha with light whip and extra syrup.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. We offer professional trainings, support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around, and thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.