Senior Financial Services
Our Advisory Services Department is growing and we need a Financial Service Senior. By becoming a part of EY, you will join a fast growing and dynamically developing department that is one of the key players in the Romanian market.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams to provide broad advisory services, from strategy, process analysis, IT implementation support or mathematical modeling. Working together, we help clients better assess and improve their operations, grow revenue and manage risks to increase shareholder value.
As a senior consultant you will be part of the advisory team responsible for engagements with financial services clients. You contribute technically to client engagements and internal projects dedicated to financial services institutions. Also, you will be in the position to coordinate small teams of consultants.
Your key responsibilities
- Participate in Customer engagements and coordinate small teams of consultants. Working in a team, you will interact with the client in order to collect and deliver all the necessary data/information/reports regarding the scope of the engagement
- Support in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Review of the worked performed by the more junior colleagues of the team Ensures that delivered work is of high quality and is ready to be evaluated by next-level reviewer;
- Anticipates and identifies risks and escalates issues as appropriate
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the organization.
- Identify new business opportunities by paying attention to the client’s needs and thinking about potential ways to address those needs
- Contribute to the learning and development of the team by sharing the knowledge accumulated during client projects
Skills and attributes for success
- Work constructively with team
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Interest in the different fields of consultancy
- Knowledge of English at intermediate level or above
- Confidence in PC use (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To qualify for the role you must have
- 2 – 6 years of experience in banking institutions in one or more of the following areas would be considered as an asset: banking processes, process assessment and reengineering, IT implementation (business requirements preparation, testing, project management) Basel 2, reporting, risk management, risk modeling
- Knowledge of the main regulatory requirements in the financial service would be considered as an asset
- Experience in a consultancy company (strategic or Big 4), would be considered as an asset.
- Excellent, proven communication skills both oral and in writing, in English and Romanian
- Excellent abilities Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent academic background with undergraduate and postgraduate degrees preferably in statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, risk management, economics, finance or other area with strong quantitative focus.
Other potential job requirements
What we look for
We are looking for a new team member prepared to begin working in a friendly team from February 2018, who has a feeling for and an interest in finance and business. If you dream of a career in an international company, with high focus on development and innovation, this vacancy is for you.
What working at EY offers
We don’t want to brag, but …
We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
Our motto is above everyone so we obviously have the best view over whole Bucharest.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. We offer professional trainings, support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around, and thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.