PHP and API wizard
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Team Extension active
View all jobs PHP and API wizard active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Team Extension is a nearshoring and offshoring technology company based in Bucharest, Romania.
Working with us, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide spectrum of clients and projects. Our clients include startups and Fortune 500 companies that are based in Western Europe and in the United States.
At our company, we are building a team of smart, motivated people who are passionate about helping the business continue to soar to new heights. We are well funded and in hyper growth mode. Come join a team where you can truly make a difference.
Your strengths and competencies:
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate:
• Competency in PHP and ideally JSON
• Familiarity with or exposure to other programming languages
• Understanding of relational databases and SQL (mySQL ideally)
• Understanding of software testing and development lifecycle
• Understanding of the web, including client/server architecture
• Version control such as via Git
• Experience using a command line interface
• Desire to continue learning and developing skills
• Ability to constructively participate in and facilitate technical and functional discussions
• Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Familiarizing yourself with our systems, online platforms and full suite of products, including certifications, add-ons and SaaS solutions
• Writing clean, well-designed code that others can easily understand and read
• Producing detailed specifications
• Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining technical platforms and databases
• Optimising code to ensure it’s scalable and ready for growth
• Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Following industry best practices
• Developing and deploying new features related to platform security, commercial opportunities (e-
commerce) and performance enhancements
• Connecting cross-platform functionality by writing new APIs
The work WILL be challenging... but it will NEVER be boring!
Your qualifications and experience:
• Proven software development experience in PHP
• Understanding of open source projects such as WordPress or WooCommerce
• Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
• Experience in common third-party APIs (for example, Google or Facebook integrations)
• Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
• Background in computer science, engineering or a related subject
While we take into consideration your education, it’s not the only thing that describes your talents. If you think you can do this job, and you can demonstrate it in something you’ve done, then we want to hear from you.
You understand that every platform prototyping and design decision starts with the user.
When implementing a solution, you want to make each user happier and more productive.
You area gifted UI designer, but you can also implement because of your coding experience.
You’ve got an eye for beautiful layouts. You know what works and what doesn’t, and which graphs, images or tables go well with different pieces of content.
You know where buttons and links should go to create a seamless user experience. You’ve also seen what doesn’t work.
You love introducing order and structure into everything you touch.
You triple-check that anything you create. And then you check again.
You enjoy coordinating logistics and planning things in advance. You actively seek input and ideas from others.
You talk in HOWs, not ifs, buts or maybes. You get things done. And you work with a smile.
Your attention to detail is second to none. You spot that needle in the haystack (or a typo) from a mile.
When given a target or goal, you’re able to define the steps needed to make it happen AND you’re able to implement those steps yourself – even if everyone is on holiday.
Before solving an issue or providing an answer, you’d investigate all variables, including the emulation of each scenario and how previous similar situations have been handled.
When faced with a complex situation involving many factors, you enjoy arranging all the variables in the most coherent and productive way possible.
You’re passionate about helping others. You help your family, friends and always want to make time for others where possible.
You love collaborating and feedback (however harsh )is always welcome, either from your boss or your peers, because you know it’ll make you even better at your job.
When you have a deadline, you respect it. Because others depend on your work.
If at first you don’t succeed, you try again. And then again.
You’re dedicated, disciplined and committed. You can’t rest until you get it done.
You love sharing knowledge and new learnings with others in the team (and company).
You thrive with variety, and see it as an opportunity to learn even further.