SOFTWARE TESTER ENGINEER
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 61,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
Requested technical competence:
• Bachelor degree in Transportation, Electronics, Computer Science , Cybernetics , Mathematics, or similar
• Ability to understand and interpret product specifications
• A good understanding of the railway business approach
• Very good communications and consultancy skills
• Very good problem solving and diagnostic skills
Knowledge of the following is a plus:
• Experience in Railway Business: ERTMS/ETCS (UNISIG Subset-026)
• Basic knowledge of Linux
• Programming: Ruby / Java / C
• Script Languages (Shell utilities)
• Knowledge of ClearQuest, Doors, ClearCase
• Testing of complex software systems under usage of technical means like simulators and scripting languages
We build software applications that allow trains to safely and securely bring passengers to their destination. These applications have high availability requirements as they are not allowed to stall or randomly crash, meaning they have to be very well tested.
Our RBC Test team is seeking for smart and experienced software testers with background in the railway field.
Test activities will be performed in close co-operation with experts in Bucharest and Berlin.
In this position you will have the opportunity to work in a very dynamic and complex environment and you will be responsible for testing the Radio Block Center in context of ETCS Level 2.
EuropeanTrainControlSystem is a signalling, control and train protection system currently used by European railways especially on high-speed lines
Test of complex and safety-critical application software for the railway field, including:
• Specification of Test Cases on Requirements basis
• Execution of automated tests
• Support of test environments, tools and simulation
• Evaluation of the test output (coverage, traceability, progress)
• Test documentation
Challenging projects with state of the art technology, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, 24 paid vacation days, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.