At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
UCMDB software is a configuration management database for enterprise IT organizations to document and store the business service definitions and associated infrastructure relationship. Full-fledged Java application server, UCMDB fulfills the need of the user to create a shared single version of truth to support business service management, IT service management, change management, and asset management initiatives. These initiatives help align IT efforts with business requirements and run IT operations more efficiently and effectively.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our UCMDB team in Cluj-Napoca.
Your key tasks:
Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of business requirements
- Coding of modifications or new functionalities
- Creation of documentation
- Testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems
- Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies
- Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
- May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams
- Advanced understanding of modern software development tools and SCM
What do we expect?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
3 years of software development experience
Knowledge of and experience programming with Java and Java 8
Skills in using REST Web Services
Good problem solving skills
Familiar with design methods/technologies, like object-oriented design, UML analysis, Design Patterns etc.
Good communication skills
Fluent English is a must
Desired Skills (a plus for):
- Experience working in a frontend engineering role with development frameworks such as GWT or ReactJS (any of these)
- Experience working with GIT, Maven, Jenkins
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JSP
- Proven team player capability
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience in large-scale multi-tier software applications