This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Micro Focus active
View all jobs Software Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
Server Automation (SA) is a market leading enterprise product that provides lifecycle management for enterprise servers and applications and is part of the Micro Focus Data Center Automation suite.
SA is architected to manage tens of thousands of physical and virtual servers located in either a single data center or distributed across multiple data centers and remote locations. Each core server can support thousands of servers, and multiple core servers can be meshed to manage an entire enterprise covering a broad range of critical functions including discovery, OS provisioning, application deployment, OS and application patching, configuration management, auditing, and compliance assurance.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Server Automation team in Cluj-Napoca.
Your key tasks:
- You will be part of a global production engineering team working on product enhancements, defects and also incidents opened by level 3 support in order to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- You will use your knowledge of Python, Java (primarily EJB, XML, RPC) and DB skills to design, implement and unit test solutions for the current and next generation Server Automation product.
- Direct customer interaction may be needed occasionally but it is normally handled by the support organization
What do we expect?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Experience in Java and Python (or other scripting languages)
- Knowledge of good engineering practices
- Familiarity with OOP design and patterns
- Desire to learn advanced system architectures and automation technologies
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release and change management)
Nice to have (a big plus for):
- Familiarity with Internet protocols and networking
- Experience with Unix based OSs
- Experience with application servers (WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat)
- Experience with SQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL)