QA Automation Engineer
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
UCMDB(Universal Configuration Management Database) software is a configuration management database for the enterprise IT organizations to document and store the business service definitions and associated infrastructure relationships. Full-fledged Java application server, UCMDB holds a native graph representation of the infrastructure, which enables solving complex dependency issues, moving the IT infrastructure towards a more flexible and standardized model.
QA Automation Engineer
We are currently looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our UCMDB team in Cluj-Napoca.
You will work on UCMDB Browser project, a lightweight web application based on GWT, acting as a UCMDB Server client application, where the user can view at a glance the environment and can perform an increasingly wide range of actions. These actions can vary from changing entity properties, to running impact analysis and triggering environment discovery operations. The newest part of the application leverages Grommet, an open source framework based on ReactJS, InuitCSS & Saas. As it’s designed for persons with low technical knowledge, but who have a very good business expertise, its user interface is focused on simplicity & usability, with user experience (UX) a big must have. We need a passionate person who is oriented towards designing the best user experience for our users.
On your day to day you will use LEANFT, UFT as automation tools and JAVA, VB as programming languages.
Your key tasks:
- Automate UI Regression test set
- Maintain and debug the existing tests set
- Work as a strong agile team player with proficiency in time management to meet deadlines and handle changing priorities
- Acquire in depth technical knowledge of the products under test
What do we expect?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Solid experience working in an Automation Test Engineer role
- Hands-on experience in test development using Linux and Windows
- Experience working with UFT / Selenium
- Good written and spoken English
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Jenkins in the automation of simple tasks
- Solid understanding of the QA processes during the software development lifecycle with ability to apply that knowledge to daily operation
- Good communication skills, team player
Desired Skills (a plus for)
- Experience in testing enterprise applications
- Ability to read and understand architecture diagrams
- Software development background
- Business analysis skills are preferred, such as gathering or interpreting requirements and working with business users