Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Micro Focus active
View all jobs Technical Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
UCMDB (Universal Configuration Management Database) software is a configuration management database for the enterprise IT organizations to document and store the business service definitions and associated infrastructure relationships. Full-fledged Java application server, UCMDB holds a native graph representation of the infrastructure, which enables solving complex dependency issues, moving the IT infrastructure towards a more flexible and standardized model.
UCMDB R&D is fully owned in Cluj site, having Support, Development and QA teams working together to deliver unique capabilities to Fortune 500 customers worldwide.
Your key tasks
The UCMDB Product team has an opening for a Customer Oriented R&D – CPE Engineer. The CPE engineer is a key position between Support and R&D organizations, responsible for handling customer requests for current and next generation UCMDB releases. As part of the team you will be working on customer encountered product issues and you will be the owner of key supportability agenda for the product.
What do we expect?
- A bachelor or above degree in computer science related fields
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills, technical hands-on
- Experience or desire to work with customers, multiple teams and organizations across different geographical locations
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English is a must
Desired Skills (a plus for):
- Good experience with Application Servers, such as Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, Tomcat etc
- Database knowledge of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL Database
- Networking knowledge. TCP/IP, Internet protocols, network configuration, load balancing
- Experience in large-scale multi-tier software applications
- Experience with Java SE, Java EE.
- Experience with design methods/technologies, like object-oriented design, UML analysis, Design Patterns etc.