Senior QA Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Micro Focus active
View all jobs Senior QA Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
Senior QA Engineer
We are looking for a talented software Quality Assurance Engineer to support our rapid agile plans and join the growing R&D team in Cluj which builds our ALM Octane product.
You will be part of a geographically distributed team (Romania and Israel), designing, developing and executing test plans and test scenarios while working in an agile environment and taking ownership on wide areas of the product, working closely with multiple development teams in order to deliver a high quality product. Moreover, you will offer technical guidance and also influence new features development, from the inception phase until production.
Your key tasks:
- Take full testing ownership on various features and product areas
- Research and continually improve testing approach and expertise
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Review and understand functional requirements and provide relevant feedback in order to improve the user experience
- Validate reported bugs for new as well as existing components
- Provide real time status on areas of responsibility to all relevant stakeholders
- Work in a fast-paced Agile scrum team on all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Cooperate with UX, UI and functional architect for specifications, user interaction and graphic design
- Work according to high execution standards, while adhering to project goals and ensuring high quality
- Work smoothly with local and remote R&D teams, while keeping high visibility and effective communication
- Create and execute automation tests over existing automation frameworks as well as contributing to extend the frameworks according to product needs.
What do we expect?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 6+ years of Quality Assurance experience (both manual and automation testing)
- Proven QA knowledge: Analyze and Design Tests according to product usage and specifications, defects investigation and reporting, QA methodologies, etc.
- Solid experience in test automation, tools & methodologies
- Knowledge of databases and query languages (SQL)
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and related tools
- Experience in multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to analyze a task from a system perspective
- Excellent communication, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be organized, thorough, autonomous, committed, flexible, customer-focused and productive
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently
- Experience in test automation, tools & methodologies
- Solid English communication capabilities (verbal and written)
- Independent and flexible to changes
Desired skills (a big plus for):
- Test Automation experience for REST APIs and UI (Selenium WebDriver with Java) is an advantage
- Experience with Git, able to operate with Pull-Requests workflow, Branch Merges, Conflict resolutions