QA Technical Lead
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Micro Focus active
View all jobs QA Technical Lead active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
Performance Engineering suite is comprised of several applications that emulate real-world conditions and enable testing of end-to-end performance throughout the entire application lifecycle. They are market-leading products that significantly enhance the ability to build, test and deliver applications with breakthrough speed and quality, at any level of scale. They support a wide range of technologies and methodologies and provide support for cloud testing, mobile testing and continuous testing.
QA Technical Lead
You will be part of the Performance Engineering QA team, designing, developing and executing test plans and test scenarios while working in an agile environment and taking ownership on wide areas of the product, working closely with the development team in order to deliver a high quality product. Moreover, you will be able to lead a team, offer technical guidance and also influence new feature development, from the inception phase until production.
Your key tasks:
- Lead the team to design, develop and execute test plans and test scenarios
- Organize the QA tasks across the team to ensure timely and quality deliverables
- Provide real time status on areas of responsibility to all relevant stakeholders
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Work as part of a RnD team to define and scope user scenarios
- Review and understand functional requirements and provide relevant feedback in order to improve the user experience
- Validate that quality code is delivered, following company standards and customers’ expectations
- Validate defect tickets for new as well as existing components
- Research and continually improve testing approach and expertise
- Work closely with the development team
- Work with local and remote development and QA teams
- Work with remote QA manager
- Work in a fast-paced Agile scrum team on all phases of the software development lifecycle
What do we expect?
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical subject (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering)
- 6+ years of Quality Assurance experience (both manual and automation testing)
- Proven QA knowledge: Analyze and Design Tests according to product usage and specifications, defects investigation and reporting, QA methodologies, etc.
- Knowledge of databases and query languages (Oracle, MS SQL, SQL Lite)
- Networking knowledge (HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Familiarity with Application Servers and Web Servers
- Familiarity with Web and Web 2.0 technologies
- Advanced command of English language
- Ability to work in Windows and Linux
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and related tools
- Experience in multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to analyze a task from a system perspective
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be organized, thorough, autonomous, committed, flexible, customer-focused and productive
Other skills considered a plus:
- Linux/Network/Database system administration skills
- Experience in Load testing
- Familiarity with testing tools like Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Quality Center (QC), Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Quick Test Professional (QTP), LoadRunner and Performance Center