Northern Europe Finance Analyst
The Unique Value of Micro Focus
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.”
We are now looking for an energetic, pro-active, customer centric orientated Financial Analyst to support the financial management of the Microfocus Business Unit in the Northern Europe Region. Working closely with the SW Finance Lead for the region, this role will collaborate with the Sales, Deal Desk and Revenue Recognition teams to provide the best possible financial support and partnering to the business.
- Supporting the SW Finance Lead with revenue forecasting, new business deal tracking, month-end close activities and ad-hoc financial requests.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial results and forecasts (variance analysis, P&L deviations)
- Providing accurate and timely financial information and reports to management and the controllership function.
- Develop and support the implementation of financial models and tools to monitor, meet or exceed budget plans and KPIs.
- Supporting the sales organization with any financial related requests (contract reviews, discount analysis) and where required, work with the revenue recognition teams to provide concise revenue recognition treatment & guidance.
- Supporting the cost analysis and control of the Software Business team.
- Compliancy to SOX controls and standards; including the timely support of any internal or external audit requests.
- Providing support on channels & partnering payments for associated deals, including accruals and verification.
- Collaborating with the credit control function to act as a focal point to clear aged debts and outstanding invoices and improve cash-flow.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Typically 4+ years of experience as a financial analyst or similar
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good to strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Good revenue recognition knowledge (US GAAP and IFRS)
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Good communication skills and ability to interact well in a remote setup
- Keen to work within a fast operating team with a proactive approach
- Good business acumen
- Good project management skills
- Ability to work to tight timelines
- Strong to Advanced business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Sales Force, SAP, LH, BW)
What do we offer?
- High performance culture with a team of experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
- A truly international and dynamic working environment
- Scope to expand responsibilities and progress to different opportunities