Predictive Analytics and Risk Modeling Analyst (#3017048)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs HP Inc. active
View all jobs Predictive Analytics and Risk Modeling Analyst (#3017048) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That’s how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
• blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
• 3D printing
• multi-function printing
• Ink in the office
• tablets, phablets, notebooks
• mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
- Communicates with multiple stakeholders (Store Management, Telesales, Collection, Finance, IT, Fraud Analysts) to solve problems
- Recommends new procedures for fraud analysis based on current trends
- Recommends process and system updates to ensure attaining operational goals
- Recommends techniques for screening system approved orders against fraud
- Takes over the responsibilities of other team members (back-up) when necessary
- Shares experience and relevant information regarding work procedures with team members
- Participates in training new employees regarding procedures, processes, systems and applications used
- Participates in trainings, holds and participates in presentations and reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics or industrial engineering, plus experience in predictive analytics, data analytics, statistical modeling and investigative methodologies, experience in fraud detection and development of technical solutions for fraud prevention; preferably experience in finance, understanding of the principles and practices of risk management
- Excellent proficiency in business writing and communication skills in English, a plus would be fluency in another European language (German, French, Spanish etc.)
- Strong computer and MS Office skills, with emphasis on Excel and experience in MS Access, SAS and SQL, firm knowledge of relational databases systems used to drive reporting and analysis
Data analysis capacity, attention to detail, initiative, creative thinking, flexibility, planning and leadership skills, ability to work under stress, customer orientation, team work abilities, excellent interpersonal skills – engagement, development, motivation and the ability to work with personnel across all organizational levels, the ability to identify, understand, solve and communicate complex problems, strategic and tactical planning skills
HP Inc. is a fortune 100 company, the market leader in commercial personal systems and printing, driving innovation that empowers people to create, interact, and inspire like never before.
HP Fraud, Credit, and Collections (FCC) is a global resource shared by all parts of our business to help them become better managed and control payment risk. We are a valued advisor and business partner while influencing, and ensuring fiduciary control and delivering operational and risk management excellence within Treasury and Finance.
Maximize cash-flow and minimize bad debt through approved procedures of on line transaction related data. All responsibilities listed below are to be fulfilled according to the instructions from the direct manager, according to time and quality criteria as required by the business objectives and by following the standards of conduct and the internal regulations of HP Romania SRL.
Analytics and Reporting
- Performs forensic data analysis and applies datamining techniques to identify suspicious behavior trends, outliers, anomalies and other issues that represent fraud risk
- Detects and defines fraud trends through quantitative data analysis and provides solutions to deter fraud attempts
- Performs ad-hoc investigative and statistical analytics to facilitate risk investigations and assists external stakeholders in their investigation of risk events
- Develops operational metrics and benchmarking through reporting and trending
- Prepares and develops daily, weekly and monthly reports using existing systems, evolves and develops key performance indicators and drives them towards global consistency to align to BU expectations and BU drivers
- Analyzes performance and results and their underlying causes and proposes solutions to ensure goal attainment
- Evaluates the authorization processes and review the data requirements for new online store or payment method implementation
- Developing and updating the risk and fraud detection model; system management
- Develop, adjust, and /or maintain fraud detection models to prevent losses on real time on-line transactions
- Optimizes the fraud risk model by removing rules with low loss rate but keeping the structure to ensure that fraud attempts can be quickly identified; improves decline rate in outsort rules and loss rate in approve rules
- Oversee the implementation process and design reports to validate the model periodically
- Ensure fraud detection methods offered comply with financial industry security regulations and consumer privacy laws as they relate to the Company's operations
- Manages user access to fraud prevention systems
- Acts as single point of contact between the Fraud Analyst team, PGS IT and Store IT
- Evaluates system enhancement requests, coordinates test plans and supports MTP; evaluates new tools, applications and services, designs the trial run and generates ROI analysis
Monitoring operations and industry trends
- Monitors operations for security and service quality, ensuring fraud products are delivered within established security guidelines and quality standards
- Ensures successful coordination/collaboration with other Company departments, including Sales Operations, AR, OM, and Call Centers to ensure efforts are effective, successful and reflect the Company's strategy
- Monitors industry trends in any fraud prevention related areas, including new fraud patterns, services, detection tools or any new technology
- Performs networking with other companies in the card-not-present payment environment to establish and leverage sound business practices