Credit Control Analyst
Mood Media is the global leader in elevating customer experiences. Through the right combination of sight, sound, scent, systems and social mobile technologies, Mood’s solutions reach more than 150 million consumers a day.
With more than 500,000 active client locations around the globe, they consult and serve more than 850 businesses of all sizes and market sectors, from the world’s most recognized retailers and hotels to quick-service restaurants and thousands of small businesses.
• Associates degree or higher is required. Accounting or Finance degree is preferred.
• B2B Experience is a Must
• Experience negotiating and administering contracts and agreements
• Experience analyzing complicated transactions/issues and following through with credit recommendations and decisions
• Experience reading, understanding, analyzing and interpreting financial information and statements
• Experience with DNB software, credit and risk score evaluation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Advanced PC skills with Windows applications including but not limited to Excel and Word
• Candidate must be goal oriented and ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed
• Collect and analyze credit data to make credit decisions in accordance within established credit policies
• Build strong working relationships and work closely with operations, sales, and collections, related to credit decisions
• Understand business environment to allow appropriate credit risk assessment
• Undertake actions to collect on bad debt accounts
• Submit placements to third party agency for debt collection
• Track progress and create report card for third party agencies
• Work with Credit Control Management and Finance department to ensure timely bad debt write-off
• Prepare reports and analysis as needed
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience working within a corporate environment and has business to business credit experience. This position encompasses making daily credit decisions and contributing to credit policy decisions. Responsibilities include handling bad debt customers and collaborating with legal department on resolution of legal issues