ING Romania is part of ING Group, a global financial institution with a strong European base, offering banking services. We draw on our experience and expertise, our commitment to excellent service and our global scale to meet the needs of a broad customer base, comprising individuals, families, small businesses, large corporations, institutions and governments.
ING Romania was established in 1994 and pioneered the local banking industry, bringing new products and services for local corporates. In 2004, it extended services to individual clients, with an innovative banking model – ING Self’Bank. Today, ING Romania has over 1,100,000 individual active clients and ING Home’Bank is rated as the best digital banking application.
ING Software Development Center in Bucharest, is a global hub for technology & innovation, developing scalable IT solutions across ING, in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets etc. Now a key Transformer in the field of technology, ING Software Development Center started as a Profile Center of Excellence, but has rapidly grown into a global hub and the main provider of IT solutions for ING Group. The hub was opened in 2015 and it is currently working with 11 countries.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business.
What you bring to the team
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Economics;
• Experience: prior experience in banking is preferable;
• Good level of English, both oral and written;
• Ability to recognize problems, to identify key information, to make connections between information;
• Ability to plan, ability to establish clear objectives, ability to meet deadlines and to establish priorities;
We need you to have “can do” attitude and good communication skills while interacting with different departments within the bank.
• Perform reconciliation of Nostro accounts in foreign currencies and in RON currency, opened by ING Bank Romania to other correspondent Banks and to National Bank of Romania;
• Perform reconciliation on the accounts on which process various departments of the bank such as: PCM Settlements, Investigations, Trade, Treasury Back-Office, Cash Services;
• Perform daily verification of the confirmation messages sent by ING Bank Romania and the respective counterparties for the deals on the interbank market (Deposits, Foreign Exchange, Government Securities) in order to ensure that the transactions are settled properly (on the correct amounts , currency and rate and settlement agents agreed);
• Perform reconciliation between the systems used in the bank and prepares reports highlighting their results;
• Investigate the outstanding items/differences internally (with dedicated departments) or externally (with correspondent banks);
• Track the discrepancies until are resolved or instruct corrections to the competent departments;