General Ledger and Closing & Reporting Advisor with German (m/f)
We are Bombardier
Get on board, we can drive you further in your career!
As the world’s leading manufacturer of both planes and trains, we have built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business, jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high-speed trains and public transit that is smarter than ever.
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions, setting new standards in sustainable mobility.
Bombardier Aerospace designs, manufactures and supports innovative aviation products for the business, commercial, specialized and amphibious aircraft markets. We have the most comprehensive aircraft portfolio and we hold the number one position in business and regional aircraft. Our high-performance aircraft and services set the standard of excellence in several markets.
The Finance Shared Services Organization Operational Specialist (FSSO OS) is responsible for the effective performance of specific finance processes and provides value adding support towards business operations in the FSSO.
For our Finance SSO, based in Cluj-Napoca we are looking for a:
You will have to perform Closing and Reporting processes and supports Intercompany Reconciliation for a high complex country assigned. You will also be responsible in coordinating, monitoring and reviewing of Closing, Reporting and Intercompany processes for a less complex country/ies. Or as a focus coordinator on improving team performance and process improvement initiatives.
- Exercises business partnership by supporting decision-making through proactive delivery of value adding information and knowledge.
- Acts as business partner towards Local A&R counterparts and other SSC teams
- Performs coordination role for country/ies assigned and ensures the delivery of daily and periodic activities by the team according to SLA and OLA commitments
- Coordinates with team and business partners for the resolution of complex issues and queries.
- Performs General Ledger activities, such as, but not limited to:
- Prepares high risk period end journal adjustments.
- Reviews and approves of journal entries and ensures these are processed timely and accurately
- Ensures complete processing of journal requests received within cut-off
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliation for accounts assigned and other analyses and ensures timely follow through and resolution of review comments.
- Reviews and approves balance sheet reconciliations and other analyses of team and ensures timely submission to Local A&R.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of requests for asset transfer, disposal or sale, whilst ensuring that these are appropriately & adequately supported.
- Ensures timely execution of monthly depreciation run and communication to C&R team.
- Monitors AUC costs and facilitates / ensures timely capitalization.
- Performs monthly fixed asset reconciliation and the related AIK reporting.
- Ensures the update of the fixed asset sub ledger as a result of review and/or physical asset checks.
- Ensures completeness of pre-closing activities
- Ensures the timely and successful completion of closing activities
- Performs EAI upload to Global Fore
- Facilitates correction and adjustment of validation errors
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Prepares and/or consolidates KPIs.
- Ensures the delivery of tax-related reportorial requirements of the country assigned, including, but not limited to, domestic and foreign VAT computations, Intrastat Reports, EC Sales List and other analyses as requested.
- Updates documentation (desktop procedures) on assigned processes including related or applicable internal controls.
- Performs other periodic activities or ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Closing & Reporting functions through the identification of areas for continuous improvement, providing input and information to achieve problem resolution.
- Education required: Bachelor's degree with a specialization in Finance or Accounting
- Foreign Languages: English and German at a proficient level
- Working experience: Typically holds 2-5 years post graduate relevant work experience (i.e. working within accountancy field)
- Familiar with relevant Cost Accounting and Closing & Reporting processes and tax requirements.
- Exposure in SAP or ERP environment
- Knowledge on international accounting standards, tax accounting, audit and financial management
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication, teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
Why work for us?
The Finance SSO in Cluj-Napoca offers an outstanding professional environment with career development opportunities you would expect of a market leading international organisation. We are located in the center of the city and we offer an open, having a friendly working environment.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, submit your application by visiting our Facebook page:
Your ideas move people!