Commodity Specialist - Consumables (m/f)
We are Bombardier
Get on board, we can drive you further in your career!
As the world’s leading manufacturer of both planes and trains, we have built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business, jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high-speed trains and public transit that is smarter than ever.
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions, setting new standards in sustainable mobility.
Bombardier Aerospace designs, manufactures and supports innovative aviation products for the business, commercial, specialized and amphibious aircraft markets. We have the most comprehensive aircraft portfolio and we hold the number one position in business and regional aircraft. Our high-performance aircraft and services set the standard of excellence in several markets.
Our Global Procurement Centre in Cluj, Romania is part of the Global Supply Chain/Strategic Procurement department, providing excellent service for the organization across different commodities: Indirect Goods and Services (IGS), Product Related (PR) and Information Systems (IS).
For our Global Procurement Center, based in Cluj-Napoca we are looking for a:
Provide the Global Lead Buyer with commodity market analysis & category trends, competition benchmarking, cross industries best practices, internal spend overview & analysis and defining governance models.
Support the Global Lead Buyer in all category management related processes and contracts, create specific monthly reports, monitor supplier performance and support the preparation of global supplier(s) negotiation(s).
Act as commodity specialist and main contact person in a defined scope within a commodity for stakeholder(s) and IGS Regions.
- Support Lead Buyer in strategy development, spend overview and defining governance model
- Perform market trend analysis, competition benchmarking, investigate cross industries best practices for the relevant commodity
- Collect input from IGS regions for strategy and governance improvement (category governance and monitoring) and support addressing newly identified needs coming from the business experts and the stakeholders
- Build network with the commodity relevant stakeholder base, key decision makers across functions and IGS buyer community, both within Bombardier Transportation as well as Bombardier Aerospace
- Support implementation of relevant commodity Governance / Directives coming from Corporate. / specific commodity Templates
- Support the specification and analysis of RfQs for Master Service Providers / global Preferred Suppliers and contract (re)negotiations
- Drive commodity initiatives, create and maintain commodity / sub-category relevant dashboards agreed with the Lead Buyer
- Manage key suppliers' contracts and monitor the suppliers' performance (incl. the collection and analysis of KPIs and making sure that the SLAs are being met)
- Create and maintain monthly reports / dashboards for the commodity specific key suppliers / Master Service Providers showing scope and commercial performance KPIs
- Verify reported spend and applicable rebates / bonuses per key supplier
- Ensure compliance with Procurement & Commodity Directives and legal policies as well as eProcurement tool
- Apply consistently the Procurement processes (e.g. IGS Directive, Supplier Selection Process etc.) and tools
- Apply lessons learned and share best practices actively with peers and the Procurement organization
- Apply problem solving methodologies (e.g. Root Cause Analysis and act accordingly)
- Demonstrate widely spread expertise in the Procurement Commodity Management field
- Business understanding & knowledge on processes and tools of your own area
- Exposure to the Procurement organization (internally) and externally (suppliers
- Handle projects or saving initiatives
- Education: Master / Bachelor Degree Business Administration, Business Law or Supply Chain preferred
- Foreign Languages: English – at a proficient level; German or other European language would be an advantage
- Working experience: >3 years commodity expertise or operational procurement expertise (including negotiation experience etc.)
- Solid level in Microsoft Office Applications, E-mail application, Working knowledge of ERP systems, eProcurement tools, Web-Browser - 4.2 IT Skills on level C (GPC Specific Competency 4.2)
- Understanding of common procurement business practices & processes
- Strong service orientation and customer focus
- Strong analytical skills, cost reduction mindset, interested in information technologies and the usage of tools
- Advanced negotiation skills or commercial skills
- Continuous improvement oriented
Why work for us?
The Global Procurement Center in Cluj-Napoca offers an outstanding professional environment with career development opportunities you would expect of a market leading international organisation. We are located in the center of the city and we offer an open, having a friendly working environment.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, submit your application by visiting our Facebook page:
Your ideas move people!