Junior Software Engineer (C++/Java)
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, capital markets and treasury.
Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. With our scale and geographical reach we drive valued solutions and opportunity for customers regardless of size or geography. Through our open, secure, and reliable solutions, we empower customers to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet their changing needs.
Why work for Finastra?
At Finastra we are changing the world of financial services. We unlock the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation through our incredible ecosystem and talent in more than 40 countries across the world. We revel in global knowledge sharing, diversity and opportunity and that puts Finastra in the best position to create client value as we cooperate and co-create, together. Each one of our 10,000 people is part of one team, leveraging the wealth of our collective knowledge, passion, and creativity. This is your opportunity to join a world-class team, working with people who are leading the financial services industry through innovation, growth, and value.
• A master degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
• Strong Object Oriented Programming skills in at least one of these languages: C++, C# or Java. C++ is preferred
• Good spoken and written English
• UML skills / Design Patterns
• Able to design elegant solutions, write clean code and solve complex business problems
• Team player
• Motivated and willing to learn and evolve in an international and stimulating environment
Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work with the development & product management teams
• Implement new features as specified
• Respect high-level coding and design standards (SOLID principles)
• Follow good practices: code reviews, automated tests and continuous integration
• Perform Care and Maintenance (Investigate technical and functional defects and propose adequate solutions)
• Work with Agile methodology (Scrum)