IT Customer Support
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 122,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.Requirements
Knowledge and Skills:
Good knowledge of troubleshooting desktop operating systems (W7, W8, W10) and MS Office, Office 365 package
Asset management principles related knowledge
BMC Remedy (knowledge of this system is a plus)
Basic knowledge of networking (Routing, Firewalls, DNS)
Eager to learn and work in a changing and fast growing environment
Customer and action oriented
Excellent communication skills
Problem solving abilities
Ability to present and make him/herself understood by the audience
High degree of proactivity
Education and Experience:
1-3 years’ experience in IT - in customer facing environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
Familiarity with ITIL Foundations, practices and processes.
CCNA would be a plus.
Good knowledge of English
• Providing entry-level technical support for desktop hardware and software issues; providing basic hardware and software services to clients with basic technology problems:
- End-user training
- Technical support (answer queries form the users); Operational support
- Incident management following internal Honeywell procedures: recording of incidents; monitoring progress and information to
the caller; recording solutions provided
- Implement and standardize IT equipment (office PC, printers, mobiles)
• Conduct sessions with internal customers where knowledge is being built about standard Honeywell tools and processes.
• Responds and provides the first and second level of support for IT Service Desk tickets, telephone calls and emails from end users concerning technical problems;
• Resolves a wide variety of IT hardware issues, software, and operational issues;
• Maintains high standard of customer service when prioritizing requests;
• Consults with IT colleagues and researches documentation of previously resolved tickets and other relevant resource materials as needed to resolve problems in a timely manner in accordance with applicable guidelines and policies;
• Assisting in the reviewing of current documentation for inclusion in the knowledge base;
• Resolve user tickets using BMC Remedy application
• Lead small projects that are centered on standard Honeywell tools and processes to resolve punctual needs of the business
• Tracking asset information for all customer related to IT equipment.
• Disposal of equipment including degaussing and erasing of confidential information.
• Tracking of all software assets, to include license keys, version and renewal information.
• Provides support to the Finance department by providing asset information and managing the physical inventory control.
• Implement and ensure Honeywell Policies are met.
• Reporting of all incidents in the tool used for this purpose. Log all incidents/requests in BMC Remedy application.
• Physical servers rooms and communications room daily checks:
- Computer Room Air Conditioner
- Main power control panel (only visual check)
- UPS systems
- Access Control and Safety
- Server Cabinet Systems