GfK is the trusted source of relevant market and consumer information that enables its clients to make smarter decisions.
More than 13,000 market research experts combine their passion with GfK’s long-standing data science experience. This allows GfK to deliver vital global insights matched with local market intelligence from more than 100 countries.
By using innovative technologies and data sciences, GfK turns big data into smart data, enabling its clients to improve their competitive edge and enrich consumers’ experiences and choices.
• Strong technical understanding of web technologies & tools, such as Client-Server communication, APIs, REST, HTTP and Cookies and cookie management.
• Intermediate HTML, CSS
• Basic SQL server querying
• Strong English (spoken and written)
• Strong problem solving ability with desire to learn and improve how work is performed.
• Analytical mind to understand data and how to use it to solve problems.
• Excellent attention to detail to ensure work is upto required standards.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and client requirements.
• Manage work effectively by keeping track of assigned tasks and provide updates when required.
• Working independently on tasks but asking for guidance when required.
• Ability to work in teams and communicate effectively.
Beneficial Skills (not essential)
• Regular expressions
• XML, XPath
• Other scripting languages, such as Python
• Create web crawls using in house tools to collect information from websites.
• Ensure continuous data collection by investigating and solving issues with existing web crawls.
• Setup web interface for browser plugin to detect product information on websites.
• Communicate effectively with internal teams.