Linux System Administrator
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs DELL TECHNOLOGY SRL active
View all jobs Linux System Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.Requirements
- More than 5 years of previous UNIX system administration experience
- Possess substantial experience and depth of knowledge in several areas of system administration
- Scripting and / or programming experience
- Experience in automated systems deployment and management
- Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts
- Solid understanding of a UNIX operating system; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communications, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions), can use performance analysis to tune systems
- Fluency in English, both written and oral, is a must
- Experience with the Red Hat Linux distribution and related tools.
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite; either user level or administrative level.
- Experience with Dell hardware.
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyberattacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat. In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,200 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. We've been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers' polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
The Linux System Administrator is part of the SecureWorks operational systems administration group. Our future colleague will execute continuous maintenance of production systems by possessing a thorough understanding of systems administration work in an enterprise environment. This would includes an understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, centralized systems management, TCP/IP networking, troubleshooting, security, monitoring, and performance tuning. The role will have a rotating 24/7 on-call support schedule.
We offer a competitive salary.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Performs maintenance on operating systems and hardware
- Assist with operating system patching and upgrades
- Investigates and resolves system problems and system performance
- Addresses issues from basic systems management to troubleshooting and solving issues with related hardware and software components
- Implement hardware and software technologies to improve site efficiency and performance, participate in projects to upgrade or migrate infrastructure systems and services
- Installation of OS following team documentation and organizational standards
- Installation of security errata and patches throughout the environment, following all requirements
- Monitor personal and team-level trouble ticket queues to ensure SLAs are met