Corporate Services provides real estate, facilities management, procurement and logistics services to deliver superior commercial value for the bank. We oversee a global property portfolio in more than 60 countries. As well as defining the standards for our retail branches, providing working environments that help boost productivity, we’re also working to uphold the bank’s commitment to carbon neutrality and sustainable operations.
A career with us provides opportunities to drive change and help shape innovative, exciting initiatives. Some examples? We have improved our performance on everything from water conservation to recycling. We’ve also developed new global workplace standards, enabling our people to use space and resources more efficiently, rather than rely on the traditional workstation.
The Vendor Manager (VM) is responsible for managing Strategic Partners (SPs) to deliver products and services in alignment with agreed business vision and strategy and ROI standards. The VM has responsibility for liaising with Strategic Partners to deliver at a portfolio basis, ongoing and incremental improvements to operations ensuring Strategic Partners align, operate and deliver to client expectations. The VM will deliver assigned aspects of the agreed vision and strategy at a global level, partnering with the Vendor Account Manager, Service Delivery Management teams and internal stakeholders to ensure that the division is delivering exceptional outcomes, mobilising Strategic Partner structures, practices and tools necessary to deliver high quality services to DB clients. The VM has responsibility for ensuring consistent processes are established, implemented and monitored to manage Strategic Partners and that performance metrics are in place and tracked to ensure adherence.
The VM is wholly responsible for the management of the relationship with assigned strategic 3rd parties across multiple business lines, regions, products/ services and contracts with a specific mandate for performance management and relationship management across the vendor portfolio. Responsibilities can include acting as the lead interface to negotiate, establish and maintain commercial sourcing contracts and in creating and maintaining standards for managing and monitoring smart-sourced services. In addition the VM will ensure full knowledge of service level agreements (SLAs) and metrics defined in the engagement(s). Working globally, the VM will work cross functionally and will ensure effective communication and engagement with stakeholders at all levels enabling them to understand how improvements contribute to the overall business strategy.
The VM is a senior member of Supply Chain Management function and will be expected to contribute to its strategy as well as interfacing with the Vendor Account Manager and Vendor Executive Sponsor (typically a member of the Division’s ExCo, where assigned). The VM may also head a sub-function and lead or contribute to vendor relationship management.
- Builds and maintains diverse relationships inside and outside Deutsche Bank (DB). Collaborates with colleagues and influences activities to achieve positive outcomes in the interests of the wider DB business. Promotes collaboration across DB and with Strategic Partners
- Leads, supports implementation of and monitors strategic partner processes, tools and systems to drive global high performance of the supplier community. Engages with global and regional leads to ensure consistent deployment of strategic partner tools and processes
- Meets on a regular and ad hoc basis with internal staff and 3rd parties to track vendor performance and enable timely identification of performance deficiencies
- Manages and executes against continuous improvement
- Leverages and communicates best practice from individual vendor accounts that are applicable vendor-wide
- Supports the identification, co-ordination and delivery of cost reduction across vendor accounts whilst maintaining optimum benefit for both parties
- Supports the identification, co-ordination and delivery of innovation across vendor accounts
- Manages the vendor performance management evaluation and reporting reviews with the 3rd party against the key scorecard metrics / KPIs
- Manages the process required to close performance gaps across the relationship
- Considers, discusses and agrees with the 3rd party, the output of the periodic relationship health check reviews
- Ensures minimal loss and exposure through adherence to all regulatory requirements and company policies and guidelines
- Ensures compliance and regulatory adherence across all strategic partner arrangements
- Builds and maintains a view of key vendor relationship interfaces across DB
- Supports and facilitates the key relationship management events to include running formal business reviews (quarterly or ½ yearly)
- Works with the Vendor Account Manager, Service Delivery Leads and Managers, Product Architects and Owners and other stakeholders in the management and monitoring of strategic partner performance and delivery
- Manages outcome-based deliverables with strong focus on consistency in strategic partner sourcing, performance, reporting and communications
- Significant and proven experience in vendor and contract management in the Financial Services/Management industry
- Excellent strategic agility, critical thinker, communication, influencing
- Strong business planning skills, able to drive change
- Strong domain knowledge of the relevant business and business processes
- Strong team leader, able to work in a virtual, global team in a matrix organization
- Fluent in English (written/verbal) with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Proven experience in identifying and delivering process improvement projects in a complex operating environment using strong relationship building skills
- Relevant Bachelor or Masters Degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent)
• Hi-tech working environment
• Career development
• International exposure
• Attractive and competitive compensation and benefits