Vendor Certification Specialist
Vendor Certification Specialist
Corporate Services provides real estate, facilities management, procurement and logistics services to deliver superior commercial value for the bank. We oversee a global property portfolio in more than 60 countries. As well as defining the standards for our retail branches, providing working environments that help boost productivity, we’re also working to uphold the bank’s commitment to carbon neutrality and sustainable operations.
A career with us provides opportunities to drive change and help shape innovative, exciting initiatives. Some examples? We have improved our performance on everything from water conservation to recycling. We’ve also developed new global workplace standards, enabling our people to use space and resources more efficiently, rather than rely on the traditional workstation.
Within Global Procurement, Supplier Management is responsible to globally manage and govern external vendor contracts post contract signature and in accordance with DB’s vision and strategy with a strong focus on technology services.
The Supplier Certification/Evaluation Team will be a newly established functionality at the Bank. The purpose of this team is to Quality Assure that obligations which are not immediately obvious are being performed. Such obligations could relate to Business Continuity Recovery times, Insurance, HR onboarding procedures or a range of other matters. The team will work closely with subject matter experts from a range of control functions and internal stakeholders. The Supplier Certification/Evaluation Team represents DB towards the supplier and works effectively with internal stakeholders to enable the Bank to be assured that suppliers are meeting their obligations. The Vendor Certification Team will be part of a cross-divisional bank-wide team, expected to work globally and ensure effective communication and engagement with stakeholders at all levels to support the overall business strategy.
The team will be a team of four senior individuals who will be working independently to deliver their own book of work. Each member of the team should be happy to spend significant periods of time travelling internationally.
- Able to Manage (without/minimal supervision) high complexity processes related to service and vendor assessment requiring detailed interpretation/understanding of information provided to formulate required judgment calls for Suppliers, adhering to core guidelines set out within agreed procedures.
- Independently orchestrate and lead on-site visits to Suppliers in conjunction with subject-matter experts to verify, validate and assure that the Supplier is meeting control/risk requirements and thresholds (eg Corporate Security, Business Continuity Management).
- This role is likely to involve extensive travel including to long-haul locations.
- Constantly review team's operating procedures to identify process improvements.
- Review Contractual material to identify gaps between Bank contractual or risk requirements and our contracted approach with the Supplier.
- Work closely with control functions on the topic of Vendor Risk and liaise with Subject Matter Experts for advice, guidance and escalation.
- Preparation of required reports, analysis, presentation, as assigned by the Team co-ordination or the manager.
- Ensure assigned workload/activities/project tasks are performed timely, efficiently and effectively.
Qualifications and Skills
- Work experience: Minimum 10 years in a cross-cultural, global organisation in an operational/audit/analytical/project management/contractual environment. A blend of different backgrounds for the team would be a strength - applications from those with an Audit background are particularly welcomed.
- 2 years proven track record in leading and delivering medium/high complexity projects and teams.
- An awareness of Risk
- Proactive approach, demonstrated track record as a self-starter.
- Project Management skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and data interpretation skills
- High level of flexibility
- Excellent team player
- Awareness of highly regulated environments such as Banking, Pharma or other similar sectors
- Able to work in global virtual teams in a matrix organisation. ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to change.
- Ability to build positive working relationships and manage stakeholders, including very senior stakeholders appropriately.
- Open minded, ability to think outside the box, willing to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members locally and across the Bank.
- Minimum subject-matter/technical expertise
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (including Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
• Hi-tech working environment
• Career development
• International exposure
• Attractive and competitive compensation and benefits