Senior Quality Engineer - Technical
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Finastra active
View all jobs Senior Quality Engineer - Technical active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, capital markets and treasury.
Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. With our scale and geographical reach we drive valued solutions and opportunity for customers regardless of size or geography. Through our open, secure, and reliable solutions, we empower customers to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet their changing needs.
Why work for Finastra?
At Finastra we are changing the world of financial services. We unlock the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation through our incredible ecosystem and talent in more than 40 countries across the world. We revel in global knowledge sharing, diversity and opportunity and that puts Finastra in the best position to create client value as we cooperate and co-create, together. Each one of our 10,000 people is part of one team, leveraging the wealth of our collective knowledge, passion and creativity. This is your opportunity to join a world-class team, working with people who are leading the financial services industry through innovation, growth and value.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical/non-functional testing (installation, usability, security, access rights, licensing, compatibility) and/or system & application configuration
- A bachelor or master degree in IT (preferable computer science)
- Good knowledge of software development life cycles, software engineering processes, test processes, operating systems, client/server applications, distributed systems, shared services, communication protocols and software architecture
- Minimal DB configuration/optimization knowledge
- Experience in development and maintenance of complex Windows/UNIX scripts
- Strong knowledge about Windows/UNIX system administration
- Experience with Web Application Servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss), also with virtualization & cloud resources
- Experience in planning, monitoring, coordinating and risk mitigation for activities/projects
- Good written and spoken English
- Experience with Solaris zones (nice to have)
…What will you contribute?
We have a position available for Senior Quality Engineer Technical who wants to join our fantastic team in Bucharest. As a Senior Quality Engineer Technical you will play an important role you will be at the core of the development process of financial software for large investment banks. Start by working with Business Analysts to understand requirements in order to design test cases that prove the applications are fit-for-use. Then, go ahead to confirm the features work fine by manual and automated testing and, where you spot a defect, support improvements by working with Development team. In QA you can always be the first customer and you are free to go for achieving a good balance between finance knowledge, testing skills and technical aspects in a fast paced and complex environment.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as Senior Quality Engineer Technical will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate/Perform technical/non-functional testing activities considering both explicit and implicit application requirements
- Install, upgrade and configure Fusion Capital applications and third parties (including inter-connectivity)
- Provide innovative solutions for improving efficiency of functional tests (test environment, execution capabilities)
- Research the market for appropriate tools depending on the required task, organize POC and support new tool rollouts
- Write & improve Win/Unix scripts for various purposes (environment management, test scheduling, test results comparison)
- Support root-cause analysis exercises against target areas, propose corrective approaches for measurable improvements, track and report progress
- Provide feedback on the quality of the project/product through meetings, testing progress reports and communication with the project team/ stakeholders
- Raise concerns about project/product/process quality in clear, timely, collaborative, constructive way and propose solutions where possible
- Contribute to performance testing with other team members (KPI review, environment deployment & configuration, test execution, results analysis, automation capabilities)
- Manage QA environments (Windows/Solaris/Linux applications) for functional, integration, installation, automation, performance & security testing