Internship Embedded Software Engineer
INNOVATE TO SOLVE THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT CHALLENGES
At Honeywell, we share a passion for technology, innovation and creativity and the unwavering belief in its ability to transform lives and the world around us.
This passion drives everything we do and we are looking for a new colleague that is driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are our key regarding competitive advantage.
Purpose of the Job
- To join the Smart Energy team in maintaining and on-developing complex real-time embedded smart meters application software.
Description of function:
- Firmware Development of Embedded Systems for electronic smart energy meters and communication modules.
- Implements software components according to the defined specifications within time and cost constraints;
- Tests software components according to the defined specifications (unit and integration testing);
- Uses agile methods and SCRUM practices;
- Uses management systems for version control and error tracking;
- Documents software components functionality and utilization;
- Implements and performs automation testing for electricity meters with communication to be used in a Smart
- Metering environment;
- Works in national and international working groups;
- General product support for meters and communication modules;
- Knowledge and experience of Object Oriented Programming (C++) software development.
- Low Experience of low-level development for Real-Time systems using C++ and C (knowledge of assembler would be advantageous).
- Knowledge of microprocessor-based hardware system design.