Entry-Level Data Analyst
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Software Development Partnership active.
Vezi toate job-urile Entry-Level Data Analyst active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
SDP is the technology development centre of the business delivering not only the platforms that have powered millions of quotes for motorbike, van, car, caravan and motorhome insurance quotes but also all of the suite of management information tools and control systems that sit around those platforms. Based in Iasi, Romania and Liverpool, UK since 2006 the business has gone from strength to strength. We pride ourselves on being innovators, leading the market by bringing new features and ways of comparing to our customers.
In addition to supporting the ‘in house’ brands of vast:visibility’s sister company (ICE); The Bike Insurer and The Van Insurer, the company also provides platforms for major third party brands such as Confused.com, Asda, Autotrader, Admiral, MCN, Mustard.co.uk and more.
In November 2016 the Group secured a strategic investment from fintech investor HgCapital. This investment will further enhance the business’ capability to deliver not only its core aggregation services but will also unlock an exciting suite of innovative digital solutions including data enrichment, analytics, fraud detection and advertising platforms to the wider market.
The business is currently 73 people strong (with c43 in Iasi, Romania) and is looking to extend its world class, commercially orientated team to fully unlock and extend both the capabilities of its market leading technology solutions and also the full potential of its ‘white label’ capabilities.
Find out more about us here:
• Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline (or suitable related experience)
• Statistical knowledge (medium level)
• Good command of English both written and spoken
• Ability to communicate with non-technical people and understand their true requirements
• SQL (junior level)
• A mainstream programming language, preferably a scripting one (junior level)
• Familiarity with a statistical modelling/data analysis framework (R, Python + Pandas, SAS) is a plus
• Machine learning knowledge is a plus
• Experience with versioning systems (i.e. Git)
• Linux experience
• Data visualisation
• UI design
• Familiarity with Big Data frameworks (Spark, Hadoop etc.) and/or NoSQL databases
• Integrity & trust
• Attention to details & meticulosity
• Strong analytical and investigative skills
• Problem solving
• Tolerance for repetitive tasks
• Good interpersonal skills
• Create reports and statistics from existing datasets
• Enrich existing datasets from third-party sources
• Implement monitoring and evaluation web tools
• Monitor certain key performance indicators
• Aid non-technical users in formulating requirements, and work closely with other members of the team to ensure specifications and expectations are met.
• Assist in the planning and specification phases of projects
• Deliver projects within agreed timescales that meet the specifications
• Where required, document the work
• Maintain products in the light of client requests, support issues and changes in technology
• Update bug tracking or project management systems, including reporting on hours spent on each task / project
• Report progress and issues to the Project Manager
• Keep up to date with current technologies
• Adopt best practices with regard to web technologies (e.g. usability, security etc.)
• Constantly strive to improve company performance and processes
• Carry out other tasks requested by Management where these are agreed to be reasonable and achievable
• Contribute to a positive view of SDP’s technical competence
• Very good salary package that will reflect your experience
• Initial training on existing platforms/tools
• Meal tickets
• Health package
• Sports package
• Bi-yearly team buildings
• Convenient working schedule
• Personal reviews every 6 months
• Excellent work environment
• Stability on a continuously growing British-Romanian company
• Opportunity to work and grow in a multicultural work environment
• 7 hour working day with flexibility in start / finish time.
• Other benefits to be discussed at final interview