Service Engineer for IMS
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
- In this position, you will be responsible for the maintenance of Nokia IMS platform Voice over IP System and Services. You will take part in building up a new support group in close collaboration with our managed services departments, as well as operating the existing services. You will work closely together with the Engineering- and Marketing departments from Nokia.
- Operation and maintenance of IMS platforms for Alarms, faults/abnormal conditions.
- Fault Diagnostics, Preventive Maintenance of IMS nodes.
- Incident and Problem Management (3rd Level Support, cooperation with managed service teams)
- Coordinating with other section of engineering and related teams of planned events, planning and execution of modifications and upgrades
- Detailed problem analysis and trouble shooting
- Defining and changing of all type of IMS data like IP routing change, modification of HSS user data
- SS7, ISUP, SIP, H248/MEGACO, Diameter signalling & protocols configuration change
- Analysis of traces, localization of data and code problems
- Definition of workarounds
- Knowledge in configuration of switching subsystems
- System backup/restore from backup files
- Knowledge of patch loading
- Understanding of complex inter-working scenarios
- Regular on-call duty (24x7)
- Degree B.E and B Tech in Engineering (Electronics & Telecommunications, IT, Computer Science) Experiences with Ericsson Switching Systems
- At least 3 years of support experience
- UNIX & IP strong basis
- Experience in TDM network core elements will be a plus
- Database experience and scripting knowledge completing your profile.
- We are looking for a strong team player for this position with good customer service attitude, approach and ability to efficiently solve complex problems.
- A candidate requires good analytical skills, good logical thinking ability and is highly motivated to constantly and efficiently adapt his knowledge in this fast changing environment.
- Excellent Communication Skills