Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
- Analyze the performance of the network while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction by providing services fully compliant with the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and minimizing impact on customer service.
- Conduct trend analysis of customer networks in order to identify over-utilization of assets, ineffective traffic routing, inappropriate traffic priority, the root cause of repetitive incidents, single points of failure, and other configuration weaknesses that detract from the performance of customer networks.
- Address performance issues according to customer-defined procedures and ensure their successful implementation in the network by creating Requests For Change (RFC) according to customer-defined procedures. If appropriate, participate on RFC review boards in order to approve planned activity.
- Commission preventative maintenance activities needed to keep customer networks running at optimal levels.
- As needed, provide real-time support to the resolution of major outages.
- Ensure the networks are optimized and running at customer agreed performance targets.
- Improve the use of auto-alarm correlation in order to minimize the number of alarms managed by Network Analysts and Network Service Restoration Engineers
- Define events/alerts within Performance Systems to trigger Incident Management process for performance issues.
Key qualifications for the role
- Organizational awareness
- Technical and Professional Expertise
- Planning and organization
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Conceptual thinking
- Technical/Business insight and judgement
- Internal customer focus
- Relationship building
- Interpersonal skills
- Team work and co-operation
- Communication skills
- Results orientation
- Initiative and pro-activity
Specific Additional Information
- At least 1 year GNOC experience
- fluently English (writing and speaking)
- fluently French (writing and speaking)