Storage Support Engineer
Leading Provider of High-End Software Development Services
Luxoft Holding, Inc. (NYSE:LXFT US) is a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions to a global client base consisting primarily of large multinational corporations.
Luxoft builds long-lasting partnerships with more than 130 clients by providing seasoned business and technology professionals, software imagineers, who deliver high-quality, innovative technology solutions that fit the client’s needs.
The Company develops its solutions and delivers its services from 24 dedicated delivery centers worldwide. It has over 9,500 employees across 27 offices in 15 countries in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is incorporated in Tortola, British Virgin Islands, has its operating headquarters office in Zug, Switzerland and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
With 1400 employees on board, Luxoft Romania works on delivering high quality product engineering and application development services. Luxoft Romania focuses on three main technology verticals: Automotive, Financial and Telecom.
Working at Luxoft
Luxoft’s renowned reputation and corporate culture, in addition to the abundance of talent in the regions where the company operates, all enhances Luxoft’s ability to attract and retain some of the most proactive and experienced IT professionals in the industry.
Luxoft offers candidates the opportunity to work in niche areas, to fully participate in the development of products marketed directly from its own laboratories, and to be exposed to international projects from top industries.
For more information, please visit: http://www.luxoft.com.
The candidate should have experience/knowledge in the following areas:
• File system operation/maintenance and troubleshooting (knowledge of GPFS is a major plus)
• Storage and x86 server knowledge (either development work or installation)
• Operating Systems configuration/troubleshooting - Linux (RHEL / SLES)
• Networking (Infiniband / Omni-Path and Ethernet - would be a plus
• Bachelor Degree/College Diploma
• At least 1 year experience in knowledge of data center management and networking (Infiniband/Omni-Path/SAN./Ethernet).
• At least 2 years experience in storage and server troubleshooting / problem analysis skill (GPFS knowledge is a plus).
• Provide on-site assistance to resolve critical client technical issues (when required, on avg twice per year).
• Works as on-call engineer to support worldwide customers (by rotation with other team members)
• Read and interpret hardware error logs (server management modules logs - UEFI/IMM), OS logs (RHEL/SLES Linux) and GPFS logs to isolate customer problems.
• Use lab hardware to replicate customer configuration in order to replicate customer failure mechanisms.
• Use specialized debug equipment like scopes and analyzers to isolate complex client problems.
• Interface with client teams and customers to explain technical solutions and maintain customer satisfaction.
• For critical cases or client outages, position require ability to project manage, triage the issue and work with multiple teams involved to urgently restore client outages.
• Participate on pre-product activities, taking technical positions for defects and HW design changes.
What we offer:
- An interesting job in one of the largest IT companies
- Challenging & professional work environment within an international team
- Competitive salary and opportunities for professional development
- Various in house training & webinars
- Internal programs for professional development
- mobility within the company projects
- Wellness & Sport Center Discounts
- Health Management Program
- Sport Competitions, Social Activities and Community Projects
- Relocation Package