Storage Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Luxoft Romania active
View all jobs Storage Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Luxoft is a global IT service provider with more than 12800 expert skilled software engineers onboard that create high-end business solutions for the world’s largest brands. Luxoft’s global client base consists primarily of large multinational corporations. We serve over 150 clients from our delivery centers in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:LXFT). With deep domain expertise in the finance, technology, automotive, telecom, travel & aviation and energy, the company consistently goes beyond its clients’ expectations by bringing together technology, talent, innovation, and the highest quality standards. Luxoft key facts:
The candidate should have experience/knowledge in the following areas:
• File system operation/maintenance and troubleshooting (knowledge of GPFS is a major plus)
• Storage and x86 server knowledge (either development work or installation)
• Operating Systems configuration/troubleshooting - Linux (RHEL / SLES)
• Networking (Infiniband / Omni-Path and Ethernet - would be a plus
• Bachelor Degree/College Diploma
• At least 1 year experience in knowledge of data center management and networking (Infiniband/Omni-Path/SAN./Ethernet).
• At least 2 years experience in storage and server troubleshooting / problem analysis skill (GPFS knowledge is a plus).
• Provide on-site assistance to resolve critical client technical issues (when required, on avg twice per year).
• Works as on-call engineer to support worldwide customers (by rotation with other team members)
• Read and interpret hardware error logs (server management modules logs - UEFI/IMM), OS logs (RHEL/SLES Linux) and GPFS logs to isolate customer problems.
• Use lab hardware to replicate customer configuration in order to replicate customer failure mechanisms.
• Use specialized debug equipment like scopes and analyzers to isolate complex client problems.
• Interface with client teams and customers to explain technical solutions and maintain customer satisfaction.
• For critical cases or client outages, position require ability to project manage, triage the issue and work with multiple teams involved to urgently restore client outages.
• Participate on pre-product activities, taking technical positions for defects and HW design changes.
What we offer:
- An interesting job in one of the largest IT companies
- Challenging & professional work environment within an international team
- Competitive salary and opportunities for professional development
- Various in house training & webinars
- Internal programs for professional development
- mobility within the company projects
- Wellness & Sport Center Discounts
- Health Management Program
- Sport Competitions, Social Activities and Community Projects
- Relocation Package