IBM Internship - Application Support
|Angajator:||IBM Client Innovation Center Central & Eastern Europe (CEE)|
IBM Client Innovation Center Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) was established in 2012 by joining several centers in Europe. The Delivery Center is part of a global network of 80 similar centers and uses the best IBM methods of work, global processes and techniques. The center has achieved CMMI Level 5 (Capability Maturity Model Integration) and its mission is to provide customers with software solution customized to their global business needs.Cerinte
The Junior Application Support Specialist role calls for a positive and proactive approach, a clear mind and the ability to work to very high standards and challenging timescales. You should also have a passion for the business and pay great attention to detail.
In addition, the following will be essential:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline
* English language skills: Fluent
* French language skills: Basic-Intermediate
* Java: Basic – Intermediate level
* SQL: Basic – Intermediate level
* Unix/Linux: Basic – Intermediate level
* Analytical thinking
* Attention to detail
* Customer focus
* Excellent verbal and written expression
* Strong time management skills.
We are looking for a Junior Application Support Specialist that can support our project team in managing escalated issues through system configurations, troubleshooting and software installations. In this role, your contributions and leadership will be vital to providing a high quality user experience to our customers.
* Investigate problems with software applications, diagnose root causes, and work on fixing them
* Identify known errors and problem trends and find permanent solutions
* Receive and log requests for support from help desk, other service delivery staff and/or users
* Investigate problems and other requests for support and determine appropriate actions to take
* Prioritize requests in accordance with agreed criteria
* Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed
* Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing work-arounds or enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation
* Training regarding IBM as a corporation and IBM Romania - departments & activities;
Soft skills training for certain abilities - communication, team work, planning& organizing, presentation skills
* Common session regarding hardware, software and services and workshops depending on the professional interest of the interns
* Project tasks in frame of a development project on which interns will need to work together and share information and knowledge with the team members.
Depending on the demonstrated level of performance, after 3 months of internship all the suitable candidates will be offered the option of a full time position in IBM.