IoT Solutions Validation & Infrastructure Engineer
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
The IoT Solutions team in Bucharest is responsible for developing end to end solutions that target the Secure Transactions market, IoT and Smart Power devices. Our goal is to deliver the software stack that turns the hardware into design wins for our customers. We work from the lower levels of the boot process to the higher level of application development, building custom made Operating Systems with the components described in the product specifications.
Testing and validation are a crucial part in the development process as our products need to be first in class when it comes to the delivered quality. Having the best infrastructure and tools in our development and validation process is key in delivering in time and per standards.
We need people who are familiar with software development tools, installation and configuration. Their role is to build and maintain new or existing tools that serve both the development and the validation efforts.
- Install and maintain software tools and operating systems (Linux, Git, Bamboo, Gerrit and similar)
- Design and write test plans for undergoing project
- Develop and enhance new or existing validation frameworks using Python, C
- Write and maintain scripts for existing tools
- Setup and configure different components that are part of our continuous integration process
- Deploy and maintain hardware test environments based on IOT platforms
- Carry out regular test execution on the targeted software stack
- Develop and maintain automated test execution environments and scripts (Bash)
- Keep track of work using task and issue tracking tools like Jira
- Develop test cases that validate software and hardware components according to canonical industry standards
- Contribute to the products certifications per standards
In addition, the following skills and areas of expertize are required:
- Understand and write code in one or more of the following languages: Bash, Python, C
- Familiarity with continuous integration processes
- Familiarity with tools like Git, Jira, Bamboo, Jenkins, Stash – installation, configuration
- Basic Hardware knowledge is a plus
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.