QA Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs METRO SYSTEMS ROMANIA active
View all jobs QA Automation Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
METRO SYSTEMS Romania is a subsidiary of METRO SYSTEMS Germany. Since 2006, when METRO SYSTEMS Romania was established in Bucharest, the number of employees has increased steadily to 800. The second office was founded in Brasov in 2014.Requirements
Why should you join us?
The Development Standards and Tools department is recruiting an energetic technology driven colleague to join the team.
The tools administration department is involved in providing development tools for the Digital Readiness projects and also in some new exciting projects where we are responsible for defining the architecture design, operations start-up and 3rd level support.
What we’re looking for?
• Develop and maintain test automation scripts to support functional aspects of the software, applying the latest techniques in test automation
• Perform Debugging and Root Cause Analysis of product failures and anomalies
• Design and develop test plans and test cases to ensure product quality, while effectively
minimizing manual testing and leading to more effective test coverage
• Collaborate with team colleagues to continuously improve testing and coding practices
• Validate accuracy and integrity of automated test results and report on testing progress
• Provide guidance and support to Test Engineering team in the usage and execution of
• Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all tests developed and test
• Provide accurate and relevant information regarding the quality of the systems in both development and production environments
• Create test documentation in support of automated regression testing
• Develop and maintain effective automated testing scripts for both web based and
non-web based applications.
You’re a great fit if you have:
• Passion for engineering excellence through automation and process improvements
• Understanding of software architecture and design
• Proficient with browser debug tools and API testing (Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools)
• Coding of automated test scripts using programming languages with recommended coding standards and best-practice
• Ability to adapt and work with test automation tools currently in place within the organization
• Knowledge of test automation design, strategy, planning, best-practice, principles and reporting
• Technical troubleshooting ability
• Experience writing and maintaining software automation tests and scripts in a tool such as QTP/Selenium, as well as other automation systems
• Experience writing SQL queries and interacting with SQL databases
• Experience with SVN, GIT or a similar source control tool
• Experience with XML.
• University degree in information technology or comparable education
• Ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently
• High interest in continuous learning and development (new tools, technologies, methodologies)
• Willingness to take over different roles in international and cross-functional teams
• Self-motivation to achieve consistently high quality results
• Ability to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
• Openness to share knowledge and best practices with the team
• Ability to use simplicity in complex projects
• Good command of English, both spoken and written.
What we offer?
• Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
• Career programs
• Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
• Flexible working hours
• Lunch tickets
• Health and life insurance
• Private pension
• Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
• Good transport connections and free parking
• Relaxation area
• Free account
• And…fresh orange juice, good coffee, fresh fruits.