Full Stack Java Developer
METRO SYSTEMS Romania is a subsidiary of METRO SYSTEMS Germany. Since 2006, when METRO SYSTEMS Romania was established in Bucharest, the number of employees has increased steadily to 800. The second office was founded in Brasov in 2014.Requirements
Why should you join us?
Digital Readiness stands for the capability of Metro to deliver outstanding digital solutions on a global scale instantaneously.
In the Employee Facing product team, we create the applications used by the Metro employees worldwide to manage and interact with customer data. We develop the employee facing workflow; customer Account and Person hierarchies, customer digital card management and we define, maintain and analyze the performance metrics of employee- customer interactions.
You will be part of a distributed team of technical experts focused on developing the new Metro solution for managing customer information for multichannel services.
As a full stack software engineer, you will develop both front end and back end micro services that will enable real-time access to reliable customer information for all customer and employee-facing channels and you will be fully responsible for the entire application lifecycle. You will leverage the newest technology stacks to build modern distributed systems used worldwide by Metro customers.
What we’re looking for?
• Are comfortable working in an agile, fast paced environment with a high focus on finding the best solutions for our customers
• Are able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code and are familiar with TDD and DevOps
• Have hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
• Are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Will focus on lowering the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen
• Have a good sense of humor.
You’re a great fit if you have:
• Fluency in Java acquired in 2+ years of development experience. You also built applications using SpringBoot
• Knowledge of “NoSQL” datastores such as Cassandra and ElasticSearch
• Experience building REST APIs, using JSON and Swagger
• Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and tools such as Jenkins, Git.
• Have experience/knowledge of microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes
• Are familiar with real-time data streaming and Big Data processing technologies like Spark, Kafka.
What we offer?
• Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
• Career programs
• Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
• Flexible working hours
• Lunch tickets
• Medical subscription and life insurance
• Private pension
• Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
• Good transport connections and free parking
• Relaxation area (ping pong, foosball, massage)
• Free Bookster.ro account
• And…fresh orange juice, good coffee, fresh fruits.